Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rebuilding/stroking a vn motor

Manual Calais

Manual VN Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
T5 VN Calais 3.8
Rebuilding/stroking a vn v6 motor

Hey guys, I am planning on rebuilding a vn v6 motor and probably stroking it, I am just wondering if it would b better to do this to a s1 or s2 motor?

Thanks

Last edited:

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Spend 5k to do it properly or buy an LS1 for 4.5k. Hmm.

Giant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Sounds like a good project to me, Went for a ride in my mates HZ panel van has VT V6 stroker conversion sounds great and goes strong. Just make sure you use a good stroker kit try Bart at Mace his got a VN and knows plenty about the V6.

Manual Calais

Manual VN Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
T5 VN Calais 3.8
im a p plater so can ony have a 6. im probably going to set it up for turbo later down the track when? im off my p's. mace only do a stroker kit for s2 thats a reason im asking this question. and you think 5k will get it done properly just so i know the rough price here?
thanks four your imput aswelll guys

Giant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
No sure on the price my mate brought his already done, nice conversion sounds good goes strong, old school car with new school tech and yet it still has that old school sound.

Only prob I can see with wanting to go turbo later is that a good NA stroker kit will have high compression where as a blown stroker kit would have lower compression which works better and allows you to run more boost for blown applications. You could still run a turbo on a NA motor but you will only be able to run low PSI or less drop the compression to match.

Manual Calais

Manual VN Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
T5 VN Calais 3.8
i think i got priced 2500 for stroker kit in parts and 4000 for one set up for boost or maybe ive mixed that up with something else, im not 100% sure, i would probably just run low psi like 10 or something if i decide to go boost later on i might just save that or a different car, atm im just trying to research as much as i possibly ca before i start so i kow what i may run into and dont waste money + time ect, im only an aprentice after all ;)