Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rebuilt to suit high boost

17UCK!

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs III commodore ute
i got a gen3 just wonding wat needs 2 be done 2 run twinturbos on decent boost.. just internally.. not stuff like exhaust n ****.. stuff like cam,heads ect.and a estimate on pricing. i do wanta beef up the engine cuz i will like to run the turbos high on the track n ****.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
i just built a N/A ls1 with all forged pistons and race bearings/rings and it cost around the $15,000 including cam and heads but thats using all real good gear , , but just remember that the ls1 is just about built to survive a nuclear holicaust and there are heaps of people running pretty decent PSI through them and there holding together and people using stupid ammounts of nitrous like 500hp shots

BradSV8

Nitrous Junkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
i just built a N/A ls1 with all forged pistons and race bearings/rings and it cost around the $15,000 including cam and heads but thats using all real good gear , , but just remember that the ls1 is just about built to survive a nuclear holicaust and there are heaps of people running pretty decent PSI through them and there holding together and people using stupid ammounts of nitrous like 500hp shots

Who is running a 500 hp shot??

It can cost anywhere from 5k and up depending on what parts you use.

Brad

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
there are a few people in australia using close to 500 hp shots ,a white vt thats stock running 500hp shot doing 10.9's and has done about 35+ passes he is over east some were

RED1M8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 383 turbo & VK Royale LS1
Stock crank is plenty strong enough, the factory pistons are the weakest link followed by rods.

Just get forged lower compression pistons, a good set of rods with ARP bolts, ARP mains stud kit, ARP head stud kit, factory multilayer head gaskets, dual valve springs, factory heads are ok, and a turbo friendly cam would be optional.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh iv heard that the gen3's are tough as and iv heard they crumple under moderate power upgrades especialy moderate boost applications
would love to modify my gen3 with a 383 stroker kit, decent cam, mild head work(stage2 i believe they call it) and a top mount wipple super charger and not have to change to what i have been told is stronger in the ls2/ls3 engines, but i thought they were all roughly same strength blocks, just different stokes and bore sizes.

SEPERF

Reaction score
Website
www.seperformance.com.au
Members Ride
VL LSX
Stock crank is plenty strong enough, the factory pistons are the weakest link followed by rods.

Just get forged lower compression pistons, a good set of rods with ARP bolts, ARP mains stud kit, ARP head stud kit, factory multilayer head gaskets, dual valve springs, factory heads are ok, and a turbo friendly cam would be optional.

The cheapest and safest option:thumbsup:

17UCK!

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs III commodore ute
sick cheers guys! but if im rebuilding do you's recon its best off just gettin a motor with heaps of kms for cheap then just rebuilding it with new stong parts or just going off gettin a more costy engine with low kms.. and rebuild that.. ....

also

Originally Posted by RED1M8

how much would this cost with decent parts?.. and i might as well get a cam wile its all open.. i like the lumpy sound of cams

SEPERF

Reaction score
Website
www.seperformance.com.au
Members Ride
VL LSX
put a ls2 etc with a nice cam into your vs ute and you can drive it every day and dust most turbo vt-ve cars:yeah: