Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Recalls around the world for Commodores, Luminas and G8s

ModySLR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lumina S / Commodore SV6
Hello.

I have been searching for recalls regarding the commodores around the world and I found this:

1. Road Safety Recalls Database

2. Search for a Recall | Safercar.gov | NHTSA

for the second one you have to select year, car make then model. (year "2007-2011"/ Pontiac / G8)

I'm having the problem of break light now. The car locked itself while I was talking to my friend outside and the engine was running. I had to break the triangular window at the back to get it open. I was surprised how tough it was for a little window.
For people who still have this problem and too lazy to go to the dealer and get it fixed I have a solution for you. You should never get out of the car unless you put the gear to Park or just go to settings and select door auto lock at speed rather than out of park.

If someone does have a recall information for the commodores please post it right here.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
I just googled commodore recall, 624,000 results. Have fun sorting them out :p

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Maybe you should post this in the thread up top about recalls?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
As suggested, just set it to autolock... locks will engage at about 20km/h. A nice safety feature imo.
Setting it to "when drive is selected" is annoying anyway... if you want to move the car up a meter or 2 on the driveway or picking up someone, the autolock can be very annoying.