Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RECALLS: VE & WM Series Holden Vehicles

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
As detailed here:

http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recall_detail.php?Recall_ID_Auto=14434

Date: 16/10/2006
Supplier Name: GM Holden Ltd
Product Make: Holden
Product Model: VE & WM
Target Number: 1521
Model Years From: 2006
Consequences: In extreme cases, the vehicle may develop a fuel leak and a fuel smell may become evident to the driver.
Campaign Number: 06-H-06
VIN Range:
Serial Range:
Product Info: VE & WM Series Holden vehicles fitted with a V8 engine that were built in July and August 2006.
Defect Details: A condition can occur where a fuel hose that connects the main fuel line and the injector rail in the engine bay may have been manufactured incorrectly. If damaged, the location may not be visible as it is covered by an outer sleeve band.
Consumer action: The owners of affected vehicles will be contacted by letter at their last registered address.
Market Coverage: National
Recall Coverage: National

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Not the best way to start with the new model.

Although i disliek the VE, i still love holdens..so i will defend the recall. Unliek ford holden quickly make sure all concerned are notified with press releases and sometimes personal calls. The chances of the recall problem actually being a problem would be assesed at a very low percantile, but it is better to show like you care to consumers rather then try and hide the fact. Brave for holden to do a recall so early, but these things do happen unfortunatley.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
Although i disliek the VE, i still love holdens..so i will defend the recall. Unliek ford holden quickly make sure all concerned are notified with press releases and sometimes personal calls. The chances of the recall problem actually being a problem would be assesed at a very low percantile, but it is better to show like you care to consumers rather then try and hide the fact. Brave for holden to do a recall so early, but these things do happen unfortunatley.

OK, what national recall have Ford had (safety wise, like this one) where Ford has waited to announce it. The only company I know off that has done this is Toyota with their front steering recall after 9 people died in a accident in Japan due to this fault.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
its only 2000 cars apparently, only effects the V8 versions as far as im aware.

As the link above says, it can possibly be a problem because IF it gets damaged you cant see it because there is a sleeve. So they will just replace the hose im betting, or check its not broken etc.

I dont think its anything major

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
its just a replacement fuel line from the firewall to the fuel rail.
only V8 & very few of them.
Rob

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
OK, what national recall have Ford had (safety wise, like this one) where Ford has waited to announce it. The only company I know off that has done this is Toyota with their front steering recall after 9 people died in a accident in Japan due to this fault.

You didnt hear about mitsubishi and their HUGE porblems?? several people have died from dodgy mitsubishis a few years back, and they were badly criticised over it, nearly took them out of business. Thats why they started that whole 'better built, better backed' campaign

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
Only thing i like about VE is steering and handling awesome,interior nice,back of SSV nice,6l engine grouse,but seriously should expect a lot more from all the time and testing on the billion dollar baby.
Just dont like that front bar on the SSV at all.
I think recall is (ONLY) 1300 cars'.:ranting:

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Its still not a good thing, and def not what holden wanted considering the VE is meant to have addressed alot of issues such as this. You get this tho with a new model, but Holden seems to have their fair share of recalls.

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
Its still not a good thing, and def not what holden wanted considering the VE is meant to have addressed alot of issues such as this. You get this tho with a new model, but Holden seems to have their fair share of recalls.
yep they sure do.