Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

harley.t

Reaction score
Members Ride
z series my06 maloo r8
Hey guys,

the missus is thinking of getting me recaro seats or the interior re-trimmed for christmas. Thinking of yellow/red stitching on black leather. maybe steering wheel parts in yellow or red. Anyway i was wondering if anyone has ever installed recaro seats and if there were any issues i should be aware of. are they comfortable? are there electric recaros that i might be able to install? what model seat would you recommend

cheers

harley.t

Reaction score
Members Ride
z series my06 maloo r8
Hey guys,

the missus is thinking of getting me recaro seats or the interior re-trimmed for christmas. Thinking of yellow/red stitching on black leather. maybe steering wheel parts in yellow or red. Anyway i was wondering if anyone has ever installed recaro seats and if there were any issues i should be aware of. are they comfortable? are there electric recaros that i might be able to install? what model seat would you recommend

cheers

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
1. "Recaro seats" is quite broad mate. If we are talking the ones you get from autobarn for an inflated price then no, they are not electric. Nor are any aftermarket seats that I know of for that matter.

2. If this is for your Maloo, then putting aftermarket seats will make your car un-roadworthy. Your seats are electric and they also have an airbag in them.

Better option is looking into re-trimming your current seats and ensuring they remain legal.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Well, if we are talking numbers like that there are places that will re-trim his current seates with VE GTS foams, trim in whatever leather and install.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Has your missus priced Recaros lately???:hmmm: They have a good range of seats, but as said, get yours redone would be better in the long run.

harley.t

Reaction score
Members Ride
z series my06 maloo r8
Well, if we are talking numbers like that there are places that will re-trim his current seates with VE GTS foams, trim in whatever leather and install.

yeah true, i wanted ve gts seats. proseat on ebay looks good, did a bit of research on this site and have only heard of one customer who was happy. everyone else said he was s#%t. i havent been able to get a price on genuine recaro's coz darwin is pretty far behind the rest of australia. i havent seen any recaro seats anywhere up here.
RECARO Sportster CS
the seat above or similair is what i want, but i wouldnt thinnk twice if its going to be a defect but it says universal airbag??? what do you guys reckon

has anyone had a vy or vz retrimmed but not too loud and in your face? im more of a subtle styling guy so it would be stitching and maybe a few inserts here and there in a different colour. cant find pics anywhere...

cheers guys