Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reccomendations for sub replacement?

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I can highly rate the Peerless subs, I run the XXLS alum cone myself :D
dont require a lot of power and sound very nice. fantastic subs for the price

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Well i went out today and i ended up purchasing a 12'' Type R Alpine. I know i probably could have picked up a better sub for the money ($350) but i don't get a lot of time outside of work, and i wanted a quick replacement sub, of reasonable quality,which is pretty well what i got. I have it running in a 26Lt sealed enclosure, which fit's perfectly in the space at the back drivers side of the boot, and practically gives me my entire bootspace back. Sound wise, overall it's a big improvement from the 15, and with a bit of sound deadning here and there, it should round off the system nicely.And who know's, after working for a few more months, i may even add a second one:unsure:

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
hey man any chance of a pic of the sub box in the corner? i'm trying to get keep my boot space too.
Cheers

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Yeah mate, i only took one picture when i put it in, but as you can see, there's still a fair bit of space. It's kind of hard to see in the picture because of the shadow's, but the box actually goes all the way into the groove, and sits flush up against the sidewall.(I don't think i had it pushed back all the way in this picture because i took it while i was vacuming out the boot)I'll take a few better pictures tommorow if you like. I'm thinking if i was to add another sub, where i could put, if i put it in the same spot on the other side, i'd probably have to remove the spare.

Attachments

• IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 210

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
looks good mate well done.

i hear the type-r's go well ported... (here we go again!)

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Yeah mate, i only took one picture when i put it in, but as you can see, there's still a fair bit of space. It's kind of hard to see in the picture because of the shadow's, but the box actually goes all the way into the groove, and sits flush up against the sidewall.(I don't think i had it pushed back all the way in this picture because i took it while i was vacuming out the boot)I'll take a few better pictures tommorow if you like. I'm thinking if i was to add another sub, where i could put, if i put it in the same spot on the other side, i'd probably have to remove the spare.

thanks very much mate it looks great, if you ever get the chance i'd love to have the dimensions of the box, but really only if you have time.
Cheers.

djs7cc

Dylan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Ex Cop
I dont rate kicker at all for sq applications. They'd be about the same level as the soundstream sub (maybe a bit lower?).

High end JL isn't bad however, but you do pay for the name a bit.

no ways mate
with JL u pay for what u get
GREAT audio
what u mean by sq applications?

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
There's more in the world than the brands that jb hifi stock mate.

Like I said JL are good, but for the money I believe you'd be better off choosing something from say Boston Acoustics or similar.

Kicker do what they do well, they go loud. Some people want that, some prefer clean, defined sound. That's about it.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
what u mean by sq applications?

Lol, that pretty much sums up people who have never looked past supercheap/JB and buying whatever the salesman is palming off to them.

SQ means "sound quality", as opposed to just being good at pissing off everyone else on the road with boot rattle