Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

recently purchased VU

djeyecon

black is back.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute 3.8 S V6
Name: KP
Model: '01 VU S-Pack
Colour: Phantom metallic black
Bodykit: Aftermarket vx clubby front bar (with teardrop)
Engine Type: N/A 3.8L V6
Engine Mods: NGK Iridium spark plugs, K&N pod filter, Advance extractors
Power: Don't have any
Exhaust: Advance extractors, 2.5" custom full mandrel bend exhaust with dual tip from cat
Gearbox: 5 speed manual GETRAG
Diff: Stock limo
Brakes: Stock
Suspension: Lowered on Kings in front, Lovells in back
Wheels/Tyres: 20" Jet League F-22's
Interior: Purple suede gear boot lol... other than that - stock
Other Mods: Mirror tint, black altezza tail lights, air horn haha
Stereo: Pioneer headunit - stock everything else
Security: Standard immob, alarm etc.
Build Period: Won't be done for a while
Cost: Not nearly enough!
Future Mods: List goes on... Camshaft kit, valve springs, RR's, plenum spacer, t/body, manifold insulator to start?

Last edited:

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
22's on the back n 20's on the front? y? surely thats not legal not 2 mention they dont suit the car at all lol but will await 4 better pics sorry if that sounded harsh 4 a 1st comment lol

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
22's on the back n 20's on the front? y? surely thats not legal not 2 mention they dont suit the car at all lol but will await 4 better pics sorry if that sounded harsh 4 a 1st comment lol

Different size wheels are legal. Fronts as a pair, Rears as a pair.

The size of 20 and 22 maybe be too big tho. Comparing, you can legally run on your VP, 17s on the front, and 15s on the back (sorry not sure what VU came with standard), as long as each pair have matching sizes and tread pattern.

djeyecon

black is back.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute 3.8 S V6
To be honest wasn't a fan of them when i got them but they're still worth a fair amount of money since they were only put a few weeks before I bought them. I'll trade them soon enough.
And I don't think they're legal either (due to me not having them engineered), the varied sizes doesn't matter but they're a certain amount above the stock wheels therefore making them defective. And remember thats how I bought it, I found it a good deal at 12k.
Yes it's manual. =]

djeyecon

black is back.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute 3.8 S V6
Ha, thanks. I called the place where the rims were purchased before I bought the car and they said they'll accept them as a trade in, I'll most likely just get 20's all round so I can lower it a little more.
Chaser's would probably go well on the back too ;)

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
nice ute.. damn they're some big feckoff rims! set of VY SS 18's would look shmick

djeyecon

black is back.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute 3.8 S V6
man i used to get hounded when i had chasers on the back... what sort of style rims where you thinking of?

I was thinking of getting 20" Verde Madonna's in chrome (from Taleb Tyres) if I wanted to be a abit of show off, if not I thought a set of 19" VZ R8 wheels would look good too.
I'm leaning towards the 20's due to the fact I can trade in my current rims at Taleb and have pretty much nothing to pay.
Then lower it and chuck on a VX Maloo kit, or if I have the money go all out and get a VZ Maloo kit (unlikely).