Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

reco 202

maxpower QLD

has mild super powers
Reaction score
Members Ride
Xtrail/5spd VL
hi everyone , ok then one of my friends has lashed out n bought a rebuilt blue 202 from repco (so much for the RB30 conversion :bang:) she's all plumed in and wired up waiting to be kicked into life for the first time but i'm seeking some advice about the start up procedure ?

1. How to prime the oil pump n galleries
2. what engine speed is recomended for beding in the rings,cam,valves
and other engine components ect ect . . .
3. and the safest way to do all of these things

I've been told that to prime the engine with oil i should pack the oil pump
with vaseline n fill the sump with oil :whistling but i want to avoid using the vaseline
trick if i can. Any advice will be great guys :thumbsup:

Regards maxpower

maxpower QLD

has mild super powers
Reaction score
Members Ride
Xtrail/5spd VL
An update on the 202 , thismorning he put it apon himself to start the engine without priming it with oil :bang: . he let it idle for about 5 minutes then tried to drive it and now he's bitchin about it running like sh!te,lacking power and the engine being noisy. I'l have a look at it over the weekend n see how bad it is :rofl:

maxpower QLD

has mild super powers
Reaction score
Members Ride
Xtrail/5spd VL
ok the heap is now running i went out and had a look at the car yesterday , i found out that the firring order was wrong and the holley carby has a few flat spots and so on so in stead of wasting good money after bad on the holley the guy who owns the car is going to use a weber carby off a XE falcon . Now the engine is running 100% better with the exception of the carby :) . I'm amazed the thing is running , starting without priming the engine would of been a massive shock to it . Poor old 202