Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Recommendations for Driveshaft Couplings.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hmmm Holmart, I didn't know they sold gen bearings. I will have a look at a price on a VR bearing should be much the same, better than $78 at the stealer.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
I know that's why I stated it as I'm the google king apparently.. :D
i've been doing some maintenance on my vy at the moment and have been checking sites for parts like a man possessed, all coming together now thought

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
I emailed my local Hardy Spicer for my VS shaft yesterday.
They said.
Overhaul VS Commodore shaft, replace 2x universal joints, 1x CV joint
And centre bearing, STR & Balance to correct tolerances.
$797.97

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I emailed my local Hardy Spicer for my VS shaft yesterday.
They said.
Overhaul VS Commodore shaft, replace 2x universal joints, 1x CV joint
And centre bearing, STR & Balance to correct tolerances.
$797.97
WTF no way, did mine 2 years ago without tolerance and CV , for around $110 in parts, but now I have to grease my uni.

Karl Robbers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy s ute
It never ceases to amaze me how people get stitched up by being told they need their driveshafts balanced every time they so much as look at them. Unless a shaft has been physically damaged or lost a balance weight they will be fine. It's not like the balance leaks out of them like air out of a tyre. Provided shaft alignment is maintained, you could swap unis and center bearings 100 times and the shaft would still be balanced and your wallet would be a lot fuller than being stitched up each time.

IA148461

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WK Statesman LS1 V8
It never ceases to amaze me how people get stitched up by being told they need their driveshafts balanced every time they so much as look at them. Unless a shaft has been physically damaged or lost a balance weight they will be fine. It's not like the balance leaks out of them like air out of a tyre. Provided shaft alignment is maintained, you could swap unis and center bearings 100 times and the shaft would still be balanced and your wallet would be a lot fuller than being stitched up each time.

I snapped my factory drive shaft coupling on my E3 GTS. I did not want to pay HSV over $3000.00 for a new drive shaft all because it has HSV stamped on it so I went and got a aftermarket drive shaft with billet couplings from Final Drive and installed it myself. After about 80km/h the vibrations were quite bad, I didn't have the tools at home to balance it myself so Final Drive balanced it for me for $100.00

Karl Robbers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy s ute
I snapped my factory drive shaft coupling on my E3 GTS. I did not want to pay HSV over $3000.00 for a new drive shaft all because it has HSV stamped on it so I went and got a aftermarket drive shaft with billet couplings from Final Drive and installed it myself. After about 80km/h the vibrations were quite bad, I didn't have the tools at home to balance it myself so Final Drive balanced it for me for $100.00
Surely they should have balanced it free seeing as they sold you a part that was not fit for purpose?