Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Recommendations for Driveshaft Couplings.

IA148461

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WK Statesman LS1 V8
Hello.

I need to replace the driveshaft couplings and centre bearing on my 2004 WK Statesman but I am not sure what to go with.
Holden want $1315.00 to replace the whole driveshaft then $412 to fit it.
I found a set (2 Couplings and centre bearing) made by Cozza for $96.00 online.
Repco sell 1 single coupling by a brand called Hardy Spicer for $343.00 and another single coupling by a brand called Kelpro for $235.00

I am wondering what the quality is like between all of these and if anyone knows about or has used any of these before. My car is completely standard with no modifications.

cheers.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
Hello.
Holden want $1315.00 to replace the whole driveshaft then $412 to fit it.
wholly ****. for a 1 hour job, they will charge $412, that is daylight robbery at it highest.
$1315 to replace it is almost the same type of robbery.

i did all mine a couple months back got them from https://www.onlineautoparts.com.au/
2 year 50,000km warranty. a part is a part. anything genuine you are paying at least double for because it has a holden logo on the bag it comes in and the $412/hour labour charge is because the mechanic doing it is wearing a holden logo on his overalls so the labour price has to be 5x as much to cover that logo.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Kelpro are good, don't know about cozza they are cheap for a reason.

I had a Kelpro fail, the rubber mount is soft and the shaft can flex and then tear away ******* the lot. The best centre bearing is the Gen one from Holden. The bearing alone should be under $100 from the dealer.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Check out Supercheap, they usually stock a few brands and are typically far cheaper than Repco for the same parts.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I had a Kelpro fail, the rubber mount is soft and the shaft can flex and then tear away ******* the lot. The best centre bearing is the Gen one from Holden. The bearing alone should be under $100 from the dealer.
That's why I said good not excellent.. I suppose it comes down to the budget.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Check out Supercheap, they usually stock a few brands and are typically far cheaper than Repco for the same parts.
Not always the case it varies on what your getting, best to phone around, Holmart sell the genuine centre bearing for 50.

IA148461

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WK Statesman LS1 V8
Cheers for your reply's goys.
I purchased the GM centre bearing from Holmart for $50.00 and got two Couplings from a place called Oz Car parts, good quality ones Made In Germany for $119.00 each.