Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Recommendations for Hydraulic Lifter replacement

Elwood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF2 SSV Redline
G’day all,

Currently live in central brissy and I’m staring down the barrel of having to pay to have the lifters replaced (and whatever else shows up) on my MY 16 VF2 SSV Redline. Holden have offered up a quote of $3900-$4800.

Anybody have recommendations on a local mechanic that’s trusted to do the job and if anyone else has done it, what you ended up paying?

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
You are best off finding a really good tuner in BNE and get a nice cam and Ls7 lifters or other good make and tune for about the same cost Holden are charging and you will be a lot happier with your car.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
You are best off finding a really good tuner in BNE and get a nice cam and Ls7 lifters or other good make and tune for about the same cost Holden are charging and you will be a lot happier with your car.

yes ask get the ls7 lifters

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Make sure you get the cam bearings dial bore gauge checked and replace the lifter buckets.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Whoever you chose, make sure they well evaluate the engine as you previously mentioned you also had some piston slap. You’d hate to fix the lifters, cam and valve train for $$$ only to be left with still having that annoying piston slap each morning :eek:

HotdogNo1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSv Redline A6 W407
G’day all,

Currently live in central brissy and I’m staring down the barrel of having to pay to have the lifters replaced (and whatever else shows up) on my MY 16 VF2 SSV Redline. Holden have offered up a quote of $3900-$4800.

Anybody have recommendations on a local mechanic that’s trusted to do the job and if anyone else has done it, what you ended up paying?
How many km on the clock?
A good quality oil like Penrite could quite the lifters down.
Try Enviro+ GF-5 Engine Oil 5W-30.

https://powertorqueengines.com.au/

Last edited:

Nastas_VF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 6.2
I see posts on this forum saying the ls3 lifter is the same part number as the ls7 lifter. Then posts saying to upgrade the ls3 to ls7 lifters.

Are they a different lifter? Or are people just replacing their prematurely failed lifters with the same part and hoping that this time they last?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I see posts on this forum saying the ls3 lifter is the same part number as the ls7 lifter. Then posts saying to upgrade the ls3 to ls7 lifters.

Are they a different lifter? Or are people just replacing their prematurely failed lifters with the same part and hoping that this time they last?

I think the failures were due to a bad batch.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
ls3 lifter is the same part number as the ls7 lifter
everywhere ive read seems to suggest the ls3 lifter is superseded by the ls7 lifter.
so i guess it would depend on when that happened