Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Recommended SEQLD Mechanic

woodyl98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute L98
Alright fellas,

I just moved from interstate to the ipswich area and wondering who people would recommend for work on the SS while im here?

Looking at a new clutch at least but would be interested in hearing figures on the cost of getting it blown.

Ive had work done previously by CHE in Sydney and they were great but havent been down there for a couple years and dont fancy driving down just for work on the car if it can be avoided.

Any recommendations would be appreciated at the moment .

Cheers!

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
For the clutch try MAS auto's in Pound street. I don't know of anyone in Ipswich for the blower. They might know.

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
Western Suburbs Mechanical, Elite Automotive (both Brisbane) or Hi-Torque Performance (Gold Coast).

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
At the time I took my 2007 ve ss that I owned at the time into Hi-Torque for a tune I also owned a vt clubsport. Apart from the clubsport having a mafless tune the specs were the same. Extractors, 2 1/2 exhaust and cold air intake. They were only able to get the same rwkw that the clubsport had.
I then took the ve to Western Suburbs Mechanical. They were able to get another 27 rwkw which was about what they should have got, 257 rwkw. Later on I took my vh into Western Suburbs Mechanical to get a kalmaker tune done. The work they did was all unauthorised and did not include a kalmaker tune. The car did leak from the rear seal but not excessively. They took the front suspension off so they could replace the sump gasket. I had bought 4 pot calipers off a Nissan. Unbeknown to me they were were either both left or right brakes. Didn't matter except they were a bit of a pain to bleed. They swapped them over from one side to the other. The cost was $2400. So I don't have anything to do with either company. I know nothing about Elite.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Try Matt at Racing Evolution, Hall st Yamanto.
Fixed the rear main seal, and other seals, Manual conversion and Extractors fitted for a great price on my old VX wagon.
Always does a great job, and does what you want.

Not sure on the Blower but they do a fair bit of fabrication work for track cars so might be someone to talk to anyway.

woodyl98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute L98
Cheers for the replies, Ill ask around and get some quotes and see what they say

Cheers!