Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
I find that outside smells come into the car with the recycle button lit too. I asked at the dealer and they said this was normal. If I wanted to exclude the outside air (don't we all?) then I could pay for a hepa filter to be installed. No thanks Hol$en.

singo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV Sedan L98
My recycle has never made much difference ... still picks up fumes etc.

Even the "pollution mode" (hold the recyle button for a few seconds) makes no difference.

Me too, my 2006 SSV has always had some seepage into the cabin with pollution mode on. According to Holden techs there will always be some "fresh" air (I use that term liberally) as pollution mode only closes the external vent over to about 90% closed. The external vent will never be 100% closed, therefore you will always get some external air coming through... apparently.

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
I find that explanation (from Holden) rather inexcusable. Other cars don't do that (although I can't comment on all cars!). Recent cars will relax the vent if it has been closed for too long to allow 'fresh' air into the cabin ensuring that the occupants are not deprived. Did Holden then suggest that you buy the Hepa filter upgrade too?

vrooom

Reaction score
Members Ride
International
I find that explanation (from Holden) rather inexcusable. Other cars don't do that (although I can't comment on all cars!). Recent cars will relax the vent if it has been closed for too long to allow 'fresh' air into the cabin ensuring that the occupants are not deprived.

Funny. Thought that's what windows were for. Thanks for the hepa filter info. On long one-lane trips behind old cars spewing smoke, I might just have to break down and buy one.

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
What you actually open your windows!

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Hi, Coast Calais. I would be very interested in what you find out because it was blowing very cold air as I mentioned in my first post from the demister which caused the outside of the windshield to fog! It was very difficult to drive.

I think it was blowing warm air as mentioned in my second post because I had just started driving it in the middle of the day when the car was still hot. The outside air eventually did cool down.

Sorry it's taken so long to get back about this issue, however there's good news for the symptoms i've been suffering. (And a few mates as well)

I FINALLY got around to getting my car into the dealer to solve the super-chilled windscreen after the replacement of faulty HVAC.
Turns out it's a known fault> Techline 1517a0804 if that helps anyone..

All good now, my windscreen no longer grows snow....

struggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline + 2013 FG MKII G6ET
I find that explanation (from Holden) rather inexcusable. Other cars don't do that (although I can't comment on all cars!). Recent cars will relax the vent if it has been closed for too long to allow 'fresh' air into the cabin ensuring that the occupants are not deprived. Did Holden then suggest that you buy the Hepa filter upgrade too?

In fact they do. I drove a 99 & 04 Passat which were also designed like the VE. :hmmm:

The older Commodores did not have this problem has they were designed to shut off completely