Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vrooom

Reaction score
Members Ride
International
Recycled Air Button On But Air Still Blowing From All Vents

I have a 2009 International and noticed that when my recycled/recirculate button is on and lit, I still feel some air seaping in from the vents including the defogger vents on the dash when I haven't turned the air or heat on at all. Wasn't a big deal until last night.

The vents kept blowing air against the windshield which caused the windshield to fog up from the outside. I used the wipers, but it made it difficult to see while driving. Defogging the windshield was difficult as well. Didn't seem to work and I had to lower the windows in the rain.

An old post mentioned the vacuum plunger but not sure if this is applicable for my model. I'll have it checked but would like to know what the problem might be and if it will lead to bigger issues and if this is typical. Thanks.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
sounds like a vac problem not a recirc problem most cars revert to windscreen when they loose vac in the cab not 100% on ve though

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
How much air is still coming from vents and de-mister? Because they are designed to always allow a SMALL amount of air to come through the de-mister at all times.

vrooom

Reaction score
Members Ride
International
Yes, it is a small amount but it's warm, is this normal? I did reread the manual and it does say it will allow outside air in if the recycled air is on too long, one feature I wish it didn't come with due to my allergies. I will try to leave it open for a few days and then close it to see if the function works.

Thanks for both your help.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
I am having a versy similar problem after some recent warranty work to rectify my air con problem. The only difference is, the air seeping from my demister vent is EXTREMELY COLD (OMFG!), and it only seeps when the fan is on. (regardless of fresh/recirc selection)

will give my friendly dealer a buzz, and see if they can re-adjust the mix doors... (that's what it seems is the problem... I'll find out..)

will report back..

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
My recycle has never made much difference ... still picks up fumes etc.

Even the "pollution mode" (hold the recyle button for a few seconds) makes no difference.

vrooom

Reaction score
Members Ride
International
I am having a versy similar problem after some recent warranty work to rectify my air con problem. The only difference is, the air seeping from my demister vent is EXTREMELY COLD (OMFG!), and it only seeps when the fan is on. (regardless of fresh/recirc selection)

will give my friendly dealer a buzz, and see if they can re-adjust the mix doors... (that's what it seems is the problem... I'll find out..)

will report back..
Hi, Coast Calais. I would be very interested in what you find out because it was blowing very cold air as I mentioned in my first post from the demister which caused the outside of the windshield to fog! It was very difficult to drive.

I think it was blowing warm air as mentioned in my second post because I had just started driving it in the middle of the day when the car was still hot. The outside air eventually did cool down.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Hi, Coast Calais. I would be very interested in what you find out because it was blowing very cold air as I mentioned in my first post from the demister which caused the outside of the windshield to fog! It was very difficult to drive.

I think it was blowing warm air as mentioned in my second post because I had just started driving it in the middle of the day when the car was still hot. The outside air eventually did cool down.

i'm at the dealership tomorrow for a different issue, but will get them to at least look at it.

been really really busy...

vrooom

Reaction score
Members Ride
International
Hi, Simon.W.
That's what happens to my cab too, outside fumes get in when the vents are supposed to be closed.