Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Red back exhaust

an-D

Reaction score
Website
www.streetwagons.com
Members Ride
Nissan Silvia S15
I think the redbacks are pretty good! I paid $270 and fitted it myself, took bout 35mins to fit up! easy as hell

heres a soundclip of mine when it was cold.. they sound heaps better once they are hot! :)

Redback Zorst 2

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
I disagree, I've heard redback systems that sound better than Lukeys.

Redback typically have less of a drone, but have a really nice tone between 1500rpm and 3000rpm.

It all comes down to personal preference, if you want a growling system with a loud idle and droning, then go a lukey system... If you want one that has a nice tone under throttle but is relatively quite at lights and has miinimal drone, then go a redback.
Lukey ultra flow doesn't drown @ all, if you want it quite buy Big Resinator....its Good to all have different views,I have heard 3 cars all 3.8L Buicks with redback,lukey,Super Cat mufflers and i would say the Lukey won hands down,but after all its a V6 and only a muffler not a V8 super cat with Exhausts running 600hp

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
grimavxs those contacts would be much appreciated. Cheers

grimavxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S2
grimavxs those contacts would be much appreciated. Cheers

contacted the guy last night - hes not doing them at 220 any longer (was clearing old stock)

no harm in emailing him for a quote though

carpartsolutions <[email protected]>

Dylan VT

Metal forever
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore acclaim
This thread is very helpful to me.

It seems as though the redback exhaust systems atre the ones that aren't going to make your car loud ALL the time, but they do when you want it to...
I'd like an exhaust system for my VT to make it sound nicer but I don't want it to be loud on the highway and I don't want it to be loud when idling or just driving regularly around town if you know whjat I mean.

Is a 'redaback exhaust' a type or a brand. Becaquse I've been reading a lot about catback exhausts and they seem pretty cool/well suited to my needs as well.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
This thread is very helpful to me.

It seems as though the redback exhaust systems atre the ones that aren't going to make your car loud ALL the time, but they do when you want it to...
I'd like an exhaust system for my VT to make it sound nicer but I don't want it to be loud on the highway and I don't want it to be loud when idling or just driving regularly around town if you know whjat I mean.

Is a 'redaback exhaust' a type or a brand. Becaquse I've been reading a lot about catback exhausts and they seem pretty cool/well suited to my needs as well.
Its a brand, but make no mistake, any aftermarket performance exhaust will be loud on a highway (in comparison to your standard exhaust). Some moreso than others though. Your car generally sits on around 2000rpm on a highway, this is approaching the peak sound for an exhaust.

Catback exhausts are simply a system from your catalytic converter back, if you want more performance beyond that from your exhaust you can replace your cat with a higher flow model and extractors on top of that.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I paid 250 for mine for IRS and with dual outlet muffler and tips.

It really pays to look around.

This was a couple of years ago, didnt realise how cheap they have gone:thumbsup:

Dylan VT

Metal forever
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore acclaim
Its a brand, but make no mistake, any aftermarket performance exhaust will be loud on a highway (in comparison to your standard exhaust). Some moreso than others though. Your car generally sits on around 2000rpm on a highway, this is approaching the peak sound for an exhaust.

Catback exhausts are simply a system from your catalytic converter back, if you want more performance beyond that from your exhaust you can replace your cat with a higher flow model and extractors on top of that.

Thanks mate. My car usually sits just over 1500rpm on the highway.

What exhaust would you suggest to give a good note but not overly loud/annoying on a highway or just driving regularly without trying to be noisy in town?

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
Thanks mate. My car usually sits just over 1500rpm on the highway.

What exhaust would you suggest to give a good note but not overly loud/annoying on a highway or just driving regularly without trying to be noisy in town?

A redback hotdog system would suit your needs best. Either 2 1/4 or 2 1/5 inch.