Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Red or White

MALUR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice & VE2 Omega
This could be the worst thread ever so admin delete if you feel that way but...

I am ordering a redline this week and simply can't decide between white and red! I was sold on white on series one, but something about the front bar to me is just as good in red as white. Anyone have strong thoughts on on this either way? I've currently got a black Calais and love black but drives me nuts cleaning it twice a week to keep looking good! I've never had white car so interested in anyone's pros and cons.

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
I always loved white and bought a series 1 redline white. Series 2 the red has somthing going on! I would pick this way short term 1-3 years I would go red long term I would go white!

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Red looks great new. If you let the paint go though, they can look average.

I would go red, as long as you look after it.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
My VE INTERNATIONAL purchased new in '09 is white, and still looks as new IMHO.

I also tossed up in my mind was it to be red or white as I did not want a metallic colour, and for sure the red looks good, but I'm glad I ordered white.

FWIW we had to order the car with about a months wait, as in May '09 Holden were building to order as such, unless the dealer had something in stock that suited.
The only INTERNATIONAL in stock was in sandstorm and my Wife had instant love for it, and I must admit it did look pretty good on the showroom floor, but I stuck to my guns and ordered white.
Only the other day we were out shopping and parked next to a sandstorm colour INTERNATIONAL and the first thing my good Wife said was......Mmmmm, glad we never got that colour now......I just smiled.

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
I was tossing up between white and slipstream and went with the white. The only thing I don't like about white is how many white VFs there are! White is awesome though and very easy to keep clean.

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
The HSV's look awesome in white.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Bought a Sting Red one a few months back. Bloody beautiful colour and everyone comments on the colour. It's sorta like having a blonde girlfriend if you know what I mean.