Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Red or White

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I have the same issue. Going to order my Redline soon but undecided about red or White. I considered blue but series 2 blue is crap. I have a silver Calais V now and wished I saved silver for my last Commodore. I should of got Karma in the VF Calais V and silver in the redline.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Which red do you like? That makes a difference too.

MALUR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice & VE2 Omega
Red hot is the red I'd go with- is sting in HSV same red?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
White is so boring, my other Commodore is white. I did a tour of GMH recently and the most popular colour was white, followed by blue, red, black and sometimes a silver. I went with Jungle Green for my Redline. The only thing I will say about white is that it does show up little iron deposits and other little coloured markings which other colours might hide.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Jungle green, Yuk! One of the worst colours to leave that factory IMO.

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
I might just put this out there, have you seen the Nitrate Silver? The day we picked up our Phantom Black VF SS-V Redline we saw the Nitrate Silver and it looked f***ing mint as! Seriously consider!

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
SORRY! Not Nitrate Silver, it's Prussian Steel Grey we saw, looks great!

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I walked into the dealership to buy a white Ute with blackouts as I’d seen a few VF2 with that combo and thought and still think they look sensational.

I walked out after ordering this.

IMG_4808a_zpsrqkecf4a.jpg

IMG_4723_zpsemxplniy.jpg

IMG_4634_zpsnuy6kpbg.jpg

A lot of people think it’s a crap colour but I love the look of it when it pops in the sun and it also means I’ve got an unpopular colour which makes it a bit more exclusive.

For a colour most people don’t like I see a lot of phones pointed at it to snap a photo whenever I park it out front of the shops at home and even though 99% of people don’t take any notice of cars, those that do often spin to watch it go by.

And when a young fellow in an FG XR6 takes the time to pull up beside you in traffic and winds down the passenger side window to lean across his girlfriend and say ‘it’s still a piece of ****’ you know you’re definitely on a winner.