Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redback exhaust for the VT

juzzteq

RedLine Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore spac
Im looking at buying a 2.5'inch redback system for my manual vt spac, but i was just gunna ask around and see how much more power you's would think it would output, :thumbsup:
and as for the sound if its anygood of a note?

Johnny_VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Comm S2
Well I did mine last Thursday, and it sounds great, but I couldn't feel any noticeable difference in power.
Definitely worth doing though if you get it sounding nice.

If you didn't wanna spend too much more money, get them to gut your cat (should cost about $50), I didn't do this to mine but it will make it 10x louder and I'd say would make you feel a slight difference under foot.

Even if you're thinking of installing yourself, just speak to your local exhaust place.

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
Don't get redback, get a lukey exhaust. You wont pay much extra either, got one for my mate for $350 installed. IMO redback exhaust sound **** and most of the time you get a crap drone.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
YouTube - vt v6

had one put on mine, cost me 400 with stainless twin dumper, way better top end!!!!!

NightRIDA

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Exec
Hey guys a quick question, if you gutt the cat would you stil be able to register it. do they check the emmisions and that. coz theres some poisonous gasses coming out of the exhaust. and could you register it if you took off the EGR. coz my extractors are from a super 6 so it doesnt have the egr pipe sticking out. when you go for your RWC do they check the emission level and noise??

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
An yes they can check to see if you have gutted a cat by putting a digital thermometer on it the cat will be the same temp as the rest of the exhaust where if you have the guts in it it will run hotter.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hey guys a quick question, if you gutt the cat would you stil be able to register it. do they check the emmisions and that. coz theres some poisonous gasses coming out of the exhaust. and could you register it if you took off the EGR. coz my extractors are from a super 6 so it doesnt have the egr pipe sticking out. when you go for your RWC do they check the emission level and noise??

Stupid question, as it's got insides for a reason!! Get caught with a gutted out cat and it's something like a $10-15,000 fine.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
To the OP
Gains from a cat back exhaust change going from a thin pipe to a thicker one will lose torque down low but add more KW up top.

m1chael1o1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Commodore
If you didn't wanna spend too much more money, get them to gut your cat (should cost about $50), I didn't do this to mine but it will make it 10x louder and I'd say would make you feel a slight difference under foot.

Because thats nice and legal plus there is only a little fine not much to worry about