Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redback muffler rubbish?

H

harrop.senator

That only talks of their 4x4 and performance stuff I bet the universal standard stuff is shipped in.

You got any actual proof of it? There performance exhausts usually means less mufflers than stock.

They're $250 mandrel bent single exhaust systems for vs commodores and others are advertised as being Australian made.

I think the waves are getting through your tin foil hat. We do still actually make some things in Australia.

You can get pos $50 trade price mufflers from a brand literally called Aus made.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You got any actual proof of it? There performance exhausts usually means less mufflers than stock.

They're $250 mandrel bent single exhaust systems for vs commodores and others are advertised as being Australian made.

I think the waves are getting through your tin foil hat. We do still actually make some things in Australia.

You can get pos $50 trade price mufflers from a brand literally called Aus made.

You know it's possible for companies to local produce and source some of their SKU's from the import market.

H

harrop.senator

You know it's possible for companies to local produce and source some of their SKU's from the import market.

I definitely do I have electrical suppliers in Taiwan and mainland myself that I use for some of the strain gauges. Borg Warner turbos and holder are made there too and I still rock them.

I just love how you constantly argue with people and speak things like they're fact without even being able to show any reasoning behind the "facts".

The fines for falsely claiming Australian made is ridiculous for little gain with how many products are already Chinese made.

The $250 exhausts are seen as performance as they're mandrel bent and none of them are OEM size mufflers. I can't remember the last time or if I ever have seen an OEM spec Redback mufflers.

If they can make an entire cat back for $250 and claim it's made in Australia , with the kangaroo insignia . How cheap are the Chinese made ones that aren't performance? Because I've never seen a Redback cheaper then a $250 single 2.5" " mandrel bent performance exhaust" by them.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I definitely do I have electrical suppliers in Taiwan and mainland myself that I use for some of the strain gauges. Borg Warner turbos and holder are made there too and I still rock them.

I just love how you constantly argue with people and speak things like they're fact without even being able to show any reasoning behind the "facts".

The fines for falsely claiming Australian made is ridiculous for little gain with how many products are already Chinese made.

The $250 exhausts are seen as performance as they're mandrel bent and none of them are OEM size mufflers. I can't remember the last time or if I ever have seen an OEM spec Redback mufflers.

If they can make an entire cat back for $250 and claim it's made in Australia , with the kangaroo insignia . How cheap are the Chinese made ones that aren't performance? Because I've never seen a Redback cheaper then a $250 single 2.5" " mandrel bent performance exhaust" by them.

I see OE spec mufflers with red back all the time ffs.

You're the one arguing.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

The problem is that the steel may have been made in china and then imported to aussie where a local company turns it into a muffler/exhaust system and they are perfectly fine putting an aussie made sticker on it.

China is the worlds largest producer of steel these days.