Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redback mufflers

joeydaly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Okay so, last few weeks been doing a heap of research into what mufflers to get my VE Omega Sportswagon and I wanted to get pretty much the same thing. Went to DEA Performance and they have their own brand mufflers. After some convo with a couple of the guys, they said most of the time anyone with a V6 came back to them to get a catback as the sports mufflers were too loud.
Took it my mechanics for some advise and came to the conclusion of removing the stock muffler all together and see what it sounded like inside/out and diff speeds to see how loud it would be. Only thing I found was that it was rather loud inside in a wagon but that's because the exhaust pipes were pointing outwards into the wheel arches with no muffler. Getting straight custom made muffler put on with tips on Tues so I'm hoping it'll sound good! Will try take some vids.
Not sure how it would sound on a ute. I'd recommend going in and speaking to them and see what you think.

Jazzas202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Ute
well im in tasmania so am limited with shops but i am going to fit myself so could possibly buy online if need be have thought straight or hot dogs as drone isn't as bad in utes but may be too loud let me know how it goes though!

undy22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE V
well im in tasmania so am limited with shops but i am going to fit myself so could possibly buy online if need be have thought straight or hot dogs as drone isn't as bad in utes but may be too loud let me know how it goes though!

Would sounds something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VgmsOe0ATs

just wack some straight pipes on the back. I did this with my old sv6 "b4 i sold it" sounds good -(no real drone surprisingly)
and cheap and sounds alright.

Jazzas202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Ute
Yeah alright cheers for that might take off mufflers and see how it sounds first then

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
VE Omega Sportswagon

So you know the wagons have massive drone issues????

As for Redback I've heard a few of there systems on VN-VP 5Ls and they sound really nice but haven't heard them a a VE or V6. If there your best option just buy them, you can always change the axle back section later it you don't like or it drones etc

joeydaly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
So you know the wagons have massive drone issues????
Yeah, I took it for a spin to see how bad it was, nothing that bad - but then again I'm no expert. I'll wait to see the outcome later today.
I'll keep my stock mufflers just in case, but hoping I won't ever need them!

Okay, I almost had an epic rant - but I'll restrain myself. Basically the drone was insane. 2nd/3rd gear was horrible. On the outside it sounded great, but inside - horrible. Back to stock.

Last edited: