Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redback vs. Lukey

Freddo_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Hey guys i've got a stock VS V6 and im gettin a 2.5" cat-back soon and i want to know which system gives better performance and i would also appreciate it if anyone with either of these exhausts on a stock VS V6 could post sound clips.

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
i got a lukey 2 1/2 on my statesman an i reckon they sound nice:w00t: i get a bit drone at 3000rpm but after that the sound is awsome, my brother mate got the redback an the sound is no where as good but soon i'll get some sound files for ya:driving:

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
hey yea ive got a lukey 2.5" cat-back on my vr and im pretty pleased with it:D nice exhaust note and better performance, but there is a bit of a "drone" noise around the 2500-3000rpm mark, but i dont really mind it. ive also just put on a KnN high flow air filter, which added a little more of an exhaust note aswell. hope this helps

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
betts said:
hey yea ive got a lukey 2.5" cat-back on my vr and im pretty pleased with it:D nice exhaust note and better performance, but there is a bit of a "drone" noise around the 2500-3000rpm mark, but i dont really mind it. ive also just put on a KnN high flow air filter, which added a little more of an exhaust note aswell. hope this helps

I think the Lukey's sound better.
But i've only ever heard a Redback system on a V8, not a six.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
lukey for sure...much more r&d goes into their product and as already said they sound alot better than other brands....a little bit of droning is the price you pay for having a freer lowing exhaust, only way to really quiten that up is to put another resi on.

VL Soldier

The rims maketh the ride!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'87 VL Exec & '95 VS Berlina
Yeah, I've got a Lukey and I like the noise... drone mentioned as above but it doesn't happen for long when accelerating and you have the option of winding up the windows or turning up the stereo. The performance is great too!

Freddo_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Anyone got a sound clip of a VS V6 with a lukey cat-back?

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
www.lukey.com.au

go there, theres a recording of a VT V6 same engine as the VS so it should sound pretty much the same, ive got a red-back exhaust, i reckon red-back sounds better

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
I just got a redback installed, sounds good, tad loud, droning around 2500rpms, I also have a K&N filter and CAI.

VStooDie4

Rubber should be punished
Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ 5l ST88TO & VT exec
I got a custom job. But i would go towards Lukey.