Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redline Brembo Review

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Just wondering what you guys with redlines think of your brakes or what reviews have said about the Brembos? Is it just the calipers that have seen the upgrade or is it rotors, lines etc aswell?

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
They are bigger rotors(355mm) & calipers, the lines would be the same I assume....

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
totally worth it...

they are 4 piston calipers, 355 x 32mm rotors, and a much larger pad surface area, same lines and bolt on to the same bracket so very easily upgraded

massive difference in braking is all I can say!

with good pads/rotors I can bring on ABS at 160-180kph, and easily last a moderate track session, which means functionally theres no reason to go bigger/better in terms of braking force

bzr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEIIR/UTE
This is the first car that I've owned with Brembo's, have had many bikes with them on & general consensus is that they are the ducks nuts in the bike world. I am very pleased with the way my redline ss ute pulls up. One thing that I have noticed is that the pedal has good feel to it, it's the same for the bikes & the feel of the front brakes also. Like the ABS too.:surprise:

colonelbmx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black ssv redline ute
test drive an ss then go drive a redline and you'll feel a massive difference. Brake peddle feel is much better standard ss feel a bit spongey and when you push hard dont tend to do much, the redline has a much harder feel and when you push better hope nothing is sitting loose in the cab lol
Under hard use they dont seem to heat up to much and still feel pretty solid under brakes

Advanced_Amatuer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2010
I wonder how much pads would cost when replacing.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
^ $150 total for both front calipers for my pads, but totally depends on what brand and where you buy like anything else