Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redline series 2 possible rwhp? And recommendations/ suggestions

2016VFREDLINE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF REDLINE
I recently brought a 2016 SSV VF redline series 2 only had 30,000kms and was completely stock, I just purchase a whole bunch of modifications and waiting for them all to ship anyone know the rough RWHP/ rwkw I’ll be making with these and any suggestions/ recommendations or anything else that would help me out would be appreciated. I’m definetly not too sure on the stall converter but I’ve been told 2700 stall is perfect for this cam duration and this cams rpm range so any input on that as well would be very appreciated.

• Ultrex 1 3/4 headers with high flow cats
  • Ultrex Dual 3inch exhaust with 4.5inch tips
  • VCM OTR cold air intake
  • Harrop Engine oil cooler kit
  • VCM Transmission cooler kit
  • Oil catch can
  • GM torque master Camshaft package
  • Xspurt 725cc injectors
  • GM LS7 Lifters kit & head bolts
  • Harrop front & rear Braided break lines
  • Powerbond 25% under drive balancer kit
  • MSD performance ignition leads
  • MSD performance ignition coils
  • Aeroflow Billet belt tensioner
  • Comp cam trunnion roller rocker upgrade kit
  • Melling high pressure and volume oil pump
  • Torque lock LSD
  • Motor gear performance 3.7 diff ratio set
  • DBA 4000 Front & rear slotted Rotors
  • TCE 9.5” 2700 stall converter
  • White line sway bar kit
  • BC racing coil overs

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I don’t know what I’m talking about, so take this with a grain of salt … but isn’t the majority of that stuff the sort of thing you’d classify as “supporting mods”, stuff that improves reliability when you’re increasing performance, but without any performance increase themselves?
No wait - exhaust, intake, cam, that’s the performance stuff.

Are you planning on getting it dyno tuned? I don’t think you’ll get near as much of an increase as it’s capable of without it, as the computer’s going to try to do the “standard thing” otherwise.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Will definitely need a tune after that. It is recommended to get a tune just by putting on an OTR.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
prob could have saved on the coils as the factory ones are good to over 1000hp

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Hey that LSD that’s been ordered … doesn’t a Redline already have an LSD?
Is this Torque Lock a Torsen-type or something?
Some Googling says it is; does it offer anything apart from longevity by not needing to worry about clutches wearing out?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
With all that probably about 90kw extra compared to stock at rear wheels after tune....

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
Factory injectors would be fine at that power level too I would of thought, unless you are worried about the dreaded LS3 injector curse. Maybe worth changing out the cam chain tensioner to the dog bone style, prone to fail.

2016VFREDLINE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF REDLINE
Thank you for the feed back just to clarify I ordered all these parts but I do have a workshop ready to install them all for me and yes that includes a tune as well, I want to put it out there I’m not chasing crazy power gains I just want a healthy power boost and to increase the reliability of the motor along the way as it is my daily driver and soon to be family car, so anything that helps keep the motor healthy and reliable I’ll be going for plus anhthing that ads a bit of power but not crazy amount I’m happy with anything around the mid 450-550 rwhp

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Thank you for the feed back just to clarify I ordered all these parts but I do have a workshop ready to install them all for me and yes that includes a tune as well, I want to put it out there I’m not chasing crazy power gains I just want a healthy power boost and to increase the reliability of the motor along the way as it is my daily driver and soon to be family car, so anything that helps keep the motor healthy and reliable I’ll be going for plus anhthing that ads a bit of power but not crazy amount I’m happy with anything around the mid 450-550 rwhp
I would have thought that 450 - 550 is pretty crazy. Through the drive train you generally lose around 20% of flywheel hp. That puts you around 560 - 690 engine hp.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
yeah i dont see why you wouldnt hit the lower end, depending on what that cam is.

but basically a intake, exhaust and tune alone will sit you a sneeze under 400 rwhp