Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redline SSV Vs Gen-F GTS

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
The Z06 Corvette which houses the LT4 engine hits 0-100 km h in 2.9 seconds and does the quarter in 10.95 from stock... it will make a difference. Huge difference.

The corvette is also lighter than the GTS so no real comparison.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
The Z06 Corvette which houses the LT4 engine hits 0-100 km h in 2.9 seconds and does the quarter in 10.95 from stock... it will make a difference. Huge difference.

The corvette is also lighter than the GTS so no real comparison.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Cadillac CTS-V 2016 has the same LT4 engine and weighs within 20 kg of the current GTS. The Caddy hits 100 km h in 3.7 seconds and has a top speed of 200mph. Hello Stuart Highway!

Theres less than 200kg in it. Not a HUGE amount but enough to shave a few tenths.

Last edited:

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Cadillac CTS-V 2016 has the same LT4 engine and weighs within 20 kg of the current GTS. The Caddy hits 100 km h in 3.7 seconds and has a top speed of 200mph. Hello Stuart Highway!

More effect than I had of thought. Slap some bolt ons at it. Exhaust tune maybe a smaller pulley. Fkkk.

BEASTVFSSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F GTS, VF SSV Redline, VX SS II, VN SS
Hey Guys,

So I may, emphasis on may, have the opportunity soon to upgrade soon from my 2013 VF SV6 back to something a bit more grunty. Not a bad position to be in.

As per the title of my thread I'm a bit torn as to what I would buy. I'm a former VE SSV owner & loved that car to pieces, but I would have liked a little more grunt out of it. I'm trying to work out if I should buy another SSV, spend a couple of grand on tune, mad exhaust, OTR intake etc, or just bite the bullet & buy a GTS.

I know there's gonna be pros & cons of either, but just wondered if any of you blokes had to make the same choice & how you ended up with what you have now. I also should mention that I'm also considering other manufacturer's vehicles entirely (not Ford), as long as it's really fast, safe, lots of gadgets & can carry 2 baby seats I'd consider it! But the 2 front runners are the SSV Redline & GTS.

Thanks guys.

I hope I can help you out here. I own both a VF SSV Redline and GEN-F GTS. Both cars are world class cars! Is the GTS though worth nearly twice the price of the SSVR though? Well that depends on really what you want from the vehicle? If you are looking to spend simply on exhaust, OTR, tune then I would go the SSVR. If you're thinking or huge power upgrades, brakes, diff etc. and your budget can cope then the GTS is the way to go

Just remember this though, coming from another "family man". If you go the GTS route you will have far higher associated costs. By that I mean servicing, fuel consumption, tyres and general wear and tear BUT also higher insurance premiums too.