Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redline VF2 rims

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Hi all.
Will the staged VF2 redline mags from sedans and utes fit the wagons?
had an "expert" tell me wagons wont accept the larger rears, but i'm dubious to believe that.

Thanks

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
They’ll fit. My Redline wagon has staggered wheels.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
thanks for that.

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
Yep. they fit.

I have 18 x 10 rims with 285/40R18 drag wheels on my wagon and they fit perfectly fine.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Hi all.
Will the staged VF2 redline mags from sedans and utes fit the wagons?
had an "expert" tell me wagons wont accept the larger rears, but i'm dubious to believe that.

Thanks

When I was shopping for a wagon, I was tossing up between a Redline and a Calais. At one dealership, I was in their holding yard sanding between a Redline wagon and a Calais wagon with the salesman. The salesman stated that the Redline wagon doesn’t come with staggered wheels - which I knew was wrong. It only took a quick look at the wheels the confirm that the salesman was wrong.

Maybe one/some of the earlier versions of the Redline wagon weren’t fitted with staggered wheels and somehow the mis-information has somehow persisted?

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
When I was shopping for a wagon, I was tossing up between a Redline and a Calais. At one dealership, I was in their holding yard sanding between a Redline wagon and a Calais wagon with the salesman. The salesman stated that the Redline wagon doesn’t come with staggered wheels - which I knew was wrong. It only took a quick look at the wheels the confirm that the salesman was wrong.

Maybe one/some of the earlier versions of the Redline wagon weren’t fitted with staggered wheels and somehow the mis-information has somehow persisted?
series 1 were not staggered so maybe that's where it's from
I'm due for new rubber soon and it's not much more to get some second hand redlines with tires compared to 4 new rubbers on my ssv ones
well not enough of a difference to worry me

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Series I VF wagons were staggered, I looked at a couple (and bought one! :)).
Maybe VEII weren't?

More likely just a couple of dealers getting it wrong & snowball-reinforcing their wrongness (like the Ford dealers trying to sell us AU/BA Falcons with the big stock V6 engine).

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yep, VF Swagons had 275 rears.
Salespeople are just that. They're there to sell. Most I speak to seem to know very little. My Son was looking at a GXP Clubby on the weekend. I had the salesman tell me "I'm a HSV Nut, coz I own a 1997 Clubby and a 2005 HSV enhanced Stato," then proceed to tell me only R8's have 4 wheel Brembo's.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Series I VF wagons were staggered, I looked at a couple (and bought one! :)).
Maybe VEII weren't?

More likely just a couple of dealers getting it wrong & snowball-reinforcing their wrongness (like the Ford dealers trying to sell us AU/BA Falcons with the big stock V6 engine).

fuken Moron dealers

this where is was getting my "info"
Yep, VF Swagons had 275 rears.
Salespeople are just that. They're there to sell. Most I speak to seem to know very little. My Son was looking at a GXP Clubby on the weekend. I had the salesman tell me "I'm a HSV Nut, coz I own a 1997 Clubby and a 2005 HSV enhanced Stato," then proceed to tell me only R8's have 4 wheel Brembo's.

as per my comment above!

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
I remember reading in The Stone Age Times or some other old newspaper that the reason staggered rims and tyres became an issue for the wagons wasn’t due to physical fitting as that is no problem, it was due to load ratings.

I don’t remember much but I do remember I’m often wrong.