Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reduced Performance Nightmares

metalskin

get sum
Reaction score
Members Ride
73 HQ,VR & supercharged VS SS`s series 11
my VZ SS ute is a nightmare. not long after getting her cammed up i started getting Reduced performance mode, being a manual it wont let you rev it enough to move!! It would usually leave me stranded at a set of lights, frantically cycling the ignition until it started without the code. started happening more and more often, no logged codes when diagnostics were plugged in either. Would also get SVS, ABS and SRS warnings. Then i got, low oil pressure (but pressure tis good) and fuel very low when she had heaps of juice. Last 2 years ive not been game to drive the mole.
i lost my key before all these issues, had it replaced with a new one cut using number in Owners handbook and it obviously worked. Tho dramas started not long after.... so farked if i know.
Oh yeah, my passenger indicator would sometimes stay on after the car was locked.
Wish i could get her sorted, was quite a sweet ride...

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Cammed up? Did you get it tuned?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Sounds like a tune issue mate who tuned it? I’d suggest going back to them and asking to have a look

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Two very common issues.
1) ABS module
2) Faulty accelerator pedal

Most likely the pedal in your case. Quite hard to come across too and not cheap.

The indicator is a Bcm driver issue. The fix is Bcm replacement.