Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reducing roll from the car when cornering

CraigAB

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Series II Berlina
Hi,
I was thinking that I would like to reduce the cars roll when cornering. I don't want to lower the car, just tighten it up a bit when cornering. Additionally I have noticed that quite a few rubber bushes look perished. So I should, at least start replacing them.
What order do people suggest I start with? I have to go piece-by-piece as $$ are tight at the moment.
I was thinking:
1/ sway bars front and rear.
2/ Strut rod bushes
3/ Front & rear shockers
4/ .....

Cheers,
Craig

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Monroe's are fairly ordinary, a slight upgrade would be some KYB's. New bushes should help too. If the budget allows a set of Lovells will smooth out the ride a little over stock.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Get sachs or boge sports shocks. And the sway bars will be like a new car. Also run it on pilot sport 3 tyres.

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
Hi,
I was thinking that I would like to reduce the cars roll when cornering. I don't want to lower the car, just tighten it up a bit when cornering. Additionally I have noticed that quite a few rubber bushes look perished. So I should, at least start replacing them.
What order do people suggest I start with? I have to go piece-by-piece as $$ are tight at the moment.
I was thinking:
1/ sway bars front and rear.
2/ Strut rod bushes
3/ Front & rear shockers
4/ .....

Cheers,
Craig
Just done most of that plus the lower control arms made a huge difference and i didn't put in expensive shocks either
i used the ultimas from online auto parts seem to be holding up ok.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
@CraigAB - Do you just want that OEM feeling back or are you looking for something more aggressive?

Ideally you do it all at once. Costly sure but so are multiple wheel alignments, I count two in your list already

Last edited:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
@CraigAB - Do you just want that OEM feeling back or are you looking for something more aggressive?

Ideally you do it all at once. Costly sure but so are multiple wheel alignments, I count two in your list already

Lol. Yeah at max it will be two. Big deal though.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Riiiiight... You just love to start pointless drivel yeah?

Considering you've never used a wheel aligner in your life I'll stick by my words.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Considering you've never used a wheel aligner in your life I'll stick by my words.

If you look at the posts, before your stupid comments, it's actually 3....Strut rod bushes, front shocks and the final piece is all bushes in nolathane....So if you replace the front strut rod bushes, get an alignment, then replace the rest, you need another one and the final alignment is the shocks...Thart's the front complete....Then we go to the rear....

How many people enjoy throwing away $70 + on unnecessary alignments? That $70 is at the lower end of the scale for a front and rear alignment (yes VY are front and rear)...Some rip off joints charge $100 + for a front and rear

So @Pollushon and @figjam are correct with their comments....Do it all at once, cough up for 1 wheel alignment once the whole front and rear is done and the saved money can go in the tank to enjoy the fruits of the rebuild suspension.