Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reduction / Hi Torque Starter Motors

Rossco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais 308
Hi, thanks for all the feedback. It turned out that he starter on the car was out of a later model anyway. After some rediculous pricing and quotes I have ended up with a reduction starter (basically the same body) with an offset solenoid. These units are made with the view that as cars get older and people replace standard exhausts with aftermarket headers as the genuine is getting harder to find. All up, the starter was $230 exchange. Given that I was quoted up to $490 I am happy to have something that works straight up and solves my problem. cheers

Halton18

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 5.0 Calais
when i rebuilt my motor i got a new starter from coventrys ( wa ) and it was to suit a vt onwards holden 5.0L. it's alot smaller and is a reduction starter. :thumbsup: alot more powerful than the original old one and sounds cool cranking over too!!

Hey I know this Is an old thread but can you tell me where you brought yours from or can someone help me. I'm having the same issues and need a smaller high torque starter motor
Thanks in advance