Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Refurb Steering Wheel

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
I have ordered one the replace the CAT cover I am using on the crewman wheel. I will try to get on the list for a March recover.

Last edited:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Any trimmer worth their salt should be able to sort it out.
It’s getting more difficult to find trimmers that will do this (in my neck of the woods anyway). I rang around to get the leather on my VE wheel retrimmed and no one would do it.

I ended up buying a whole new steering wheel, which was a shame considering it just needed the leather replaced.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It’s getting more difficult to find trimmers that will do this (in my neck of the woods anyway). I rang around to get the leather on my VE wheel retrimmed and no one would do it.

I ended up buying a whole new steering wheel, which was a shame considering it just needed the leather replaced.

What is it with society these days where even businesses who exist to fix stuff don't want to fix stuff ?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
this is just a sign that they only want the easy big dollar jobs - and have plenty of demand to pick and choose as they please.
Yeah. It’s a shame that it has gone this way. I try to do nearly everything myself wherever possible these days as nearly every company is only there to do the big jobs and any small jobs they either quote a ridiculous price for, refuse to do outright or try and convince you that you need to spend a heap more money to replace things that don’t need replacing.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
What is it with society these days where even businesses who exist to fix stuff don't want to fix stuff ?
One of the local trimmers will do my wheel at $500.00.

About 5 years ago, the going rate seemed to be about $150.00 - $350.00, depending on whose business you choose.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
That is the same rate I have been quoted so it seems to be the market rate today. I am concerned that spenign that much won't guarantee the workmanship. I want to check the quality of their workmanship before committing to it.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Anybody recommended in Brisbane/Ipswich?

The Momo wheel in my VP is in need of some love. Prices on Ebay for these things are mental!

nfi where he's based but this guy linked earlier has examples of that wheel on his page

Last edited: