Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

regas aircon or worse?

cheeky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
my aircon in my vt isnt cold anymore but still blows air through it, the car didnt get used for a few months so does that sound like it just needs to be regassed or worse? thanks

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
check around the connection points on the aircon hoses for oily stains, if there is the hose may need replacing, then get it regassed again and see how it goes, either way take it a to a pro and get it sorted.

cheeky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
i guess ill just take it in lol cause i have no idea where the hoses are! (chick who knows nothing about cars)

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If you get it regassed,get them to put the dye in with the gas,this dye will show up where there are any leaks in the system.Also the A/C should be used once a week for 15 minutes ,even in winter.This keeps the A/C system seals etc lubricated so they dont dry out and leak.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
they should be able to put new seals in and regas it with a dye then have a look with it running under uv light to check for leaks, the aircon compressor is the one bottom right when looking at the engine standing infront of the car, two hoses come off it, one goes through the firewall on the right hand side, the other goes through the front of the car to the condenser, radiator looking cooler infront of the engine radiator, there should be a black cap on each hose inside the engine bay they tend to leak there and you can see where oil has come out, sometime they leak at the other joints.