Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rejuvinate stock tail lights

J

jayderichards

hey guys,

l bought altezzas a while back and are starting to tire of the look of them. everyone who has a commy seems to have the chrome ones that l have.

I have a couple of sets of stock tail lights in the shed and was wondering if there was a way l could get the lens dye off the front of them (are weather beaten) when l resprayed them ages ago.

I love the look of the stock series 1 tail lights, but the local copper who chases anything with a P plate was on me day and night about my lights.

Any ideas?!

:lock:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
On my old Jag I sanded off the scratches/dulling with 400 grade wetand dry with water, then used 1000 grade then Brasso. Final touch was Armoral which finished them off so they looked almost like new.
I'd imagine you could use the same method to remove the red lens dye which bonds with the original lens material as it is simply a coating. You'll need to paint them red again!
Good Luck.

helrzr925

Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed vr wagon 3.8L
and i found that a good 1-2 coats of clear give it that final touch = perfect shine

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
If cash permits, get yourself a set of Calais tail lights mate. They are the ones with the clear indicator instead of the orange one. They look slick too. Altezza's look **** and cheap.

J

jayderichards

l like the darkish tint to the lights with the orange... l looked at the calais ones and thought as my car is white, it may not look AS good as others.

The dye is starting to fade from the top and go down, argh... might have to venture ebay again.

thanks guys! :)