Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Relay?

Filb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sedan+ wifes VYII wagon.
Hi all i have a vy s1 sedan and the power windows dont go up or down when the car is turned off you know the 1-2min delay after shutdown :banstick:
Could this be the because i dont have a pwr window relay because they go up and down when the car is running and if the ignition is on but not after shut down:censored:
I hope it is something as dumb as this if not i have no idea:doh:
HELP ME :help:

Filb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its not something as dumb as this after buying a relay and pluging it in it has had no effect on the windows at all so i,m stumped the only other thing it could be that i can think of is when i did the auto to man conversion the BCM from the ute i got the box from didn,t have pwr windows and took a lot of stuffing around to get them to work as it was so i gyess im just stuck having to remember to wind em up before i turn off the car!

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The VY models have 4 different BCMs available, depending on what options were fitted.
LOW-20
MID-21
HI
LUX
The workshop manual says that the LOW-20 BCM's fitted to VY models do not support power windows, so you'd need a MID-21 type BCM to get the power window power off delay feature working...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
You probably don't have auto down on drivers window either?

Filb

Reaction score
Members Ride
No i don, t have the auto down thanks for the info guys guess ill get a new bcm and have it flashed and matched
cheers

Filb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Brett look like you have a tech 2 there could you do the work for me ?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Too far away mate otherwise it wouldn't be a problem. There would be plenty of places near you that can do the relink, just call a few auto electricians to get the cheapest price. You will need the vehicles security code, which is available from holden, but was also supplied new with the vehicle, so check the handbook/glovebox for the card first.