Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Religion Thread

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
I call foul! - Conflict of Interest

I myself, couldn't really give flying red f**k about the environment. It seems fairly obvious that the human race is too self absorbed to actually do anything like cleaning up its act for the sake of other people, future generations or other species.

As for environmentalism being the new religion, I think the analogy is flawed. The self correcting scientific exploration of our home world produces testable theories and tangible facts. Religions do not.

If he said that the followers of Mr James Lovelock and his Gaian Hypothesis are members of a new religion, I might tend to agree. But not the environmental movement as a whole.

Am I suprised that the director of three mining companies (Plimer) is trying to gain a foothold against his polictical and scientific rivals by writing them off as religious fanatics? No! It just goes to prove my point about humans being self absorbed.

I for one find it insulting that Dr Plimer appears to think that if he makes enough fuss by labeling those of differing view points as religious fanatics, we might forget about his own self interests, and obvious bias. I am not that gullable, and neither should anyone else be! Of course, I am sure such obsurd claims won't hurt the sales of his woefully inadequate book "Heaven and Earth".

The man is a Geologist, and to my mind it seems to me that he has gone running home to momma, so to speak, in his explanations for past and present climate change, all the time ignoring the fact that for the past 4 billion years or so, life, has played a pivotal roll in governing the geology of planet Earth.

Anyhow, you asked, and I have provided.

L8r