Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Relocate the ECM/ECU (what ever you want to call it)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
upload_2020-1-27_17-24-58.jpeg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Considering storage and bandwidth is supposedly much cheaper these days, why doesn't this site reconsider their own photo storage rules so users can upload to justcommodores directly, thus avoiding any future photobucket style debarkle where critical info is lost from peoples posts.

As it was a planned money grab by photobucket, this site should have scraped all the linked pics within the various posts b4 hand (and made them local pics) thus preserving the info people put into the forum threads (but easy to say in hindsite).

Users can indeed upload pics to the forum. Darren has done a lot of work to recover images where possible but it's very much on a case by case basis where someone reports a broken link.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Where is it located usually?

On the front of the motor I believe. In the link provided you can see a bracket next to the water pump with 4 studs on it (have copied image into this thread).

1-jpg.201898

ForestVt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ exp 3.6 05
I apologize. I am not as frequent as I would like to follow topics.
I send more pictures with details of the modification I made on my Omega CD. With these modifications, I never again experienced a "no-crank-no-start" failure. On the other hand, as I now have constant monitoring of the ECU temperature, I just couldn't resist the challenge of making it as low as possible in all conditions of use of the car. I believe I even went a little overboard ...
On the odometer I read 324000Km ...

The Images...:
1.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG

ForestVt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ exp 3.6 05
Constant ECU temp monitoring..? o_O Yes..!:)
It is an evolution of the concept ...:D

Thermal box to protect the ECU in the parking lot immediately after traveling in congested traffic. A condition in which, if there is no natural ventilation, the engine compartment becomes a true pizza oven.

A temperature controller with PT100 sensor controls a small fan. It consumes about 50ma of the battery while monitoring a maximum limit - when the fan is activated; and a lower limit - when the fan is turned off.

In addition, a duct for collecting fresh air with a intake point located below the car's headlight, right behind the bumper (and outside the oven area). The only hot air outlet that I was able to identify in a practical way, to keep the ECU in this position, was through the side breach of the hood cover. For this, I cut out a piece of the hood's thermal lining.

But pictures ... speak more than words ...
Here are several that I did during this "weekend game" .

Thank you for considering this a "genius" solution.

But let's face it ... it's just a big patch that a genius probably felt ashamed of doing.:cool:

14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

ForestVt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ exp 3.6 05
No..no..Fu Manchu....:D I couldn't take you money for this..

What I would accept, yes ... very willingly ... would be some suggestion to be able to receive here in Brazil, the kit (cable + SOE software) provided by friend Jason (Tazzi - Envyous Customs). I've been trying to buy it for long time via ebay or directly from Envyous web site.
Despite the fact that the price is very affordable, we are apparently unable to ship from Australia and receive it in Brazil.

I currently use a Chinese version of the ELM327 adapter in conjunction with the Torque software. Enough to read DTCs U0700 and others associated with communication failure over the CAN network - occurs when the ECU reached a temperature above 80 Degrees Celsius. (probably associated to CAN network termination resistors installed inside the ECU). But limited to reading other parameters, such as transmission oil temperature, injection time, etc.

I know... this is another history..ok..ok.. But "the game" never ends....

This (VZ, V6,2005) is the third Australian Omega I have here in Brazil. For the previous ones, (VT, V6,1999 and VY, V6,2003) I made ALDL interface cable and used EFILIVE v4 for diagnostics.
Today, using this ALDL cable and software (vzclustermod) I can just edit the fuel gauge calibration map.
I think SOE is my best option, (considering my ineptitude to make money...:D
Unfortunately, for now, no way to receive it here in Brazil.:(

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did you happen to get the measurements of the plate you made that mounts the ECM?

Going to do this with some checker plate and nursery’s in this already made holes.

———————————

Now, as for getting you the kit from Envyous Customs, maybe postage is a bit iffy in the Brazils and they are covering their arse?

Any ideas anyone on sending stuff to to the Brazil’s?

Maybe I buy it and send it to you?
+ postage and postage insurance?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
You and @wannaeatyourbrains are valuable forum members. Necessity breeds innovation. We Aussies take for granted the resources we have for these cars.