Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote door locking schitzo on VE 09 Omega Wagon

PointcookVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 9.5
I purchased an 09 VE wagon 4 months ago. Now that the dealer warranty has expired the drivers side rear door requires 3-4 clicks of the remote to lock and the rear passenger side door sometimes won't unlock at all. I read some posts on this forum regarding similar problems with the reomtes and locking and one solution was disconnecting then reconnecting the battery. Are there any potential electrical issues with this and do any of you reckon it might work in my case? Werribee Holden are kinda pricey!

MayhemOfHell

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WL Caprice V8 LS1
If any of the doors work first time or the general signal is sent from the remote, then you most likely have an issue with the door locks them self. as in the actuator ... First thing is check and clean the plugs that connect to them... Dirty terminals..
then while you have the door trims removed, you can start to sus out if the signal is always coming in clean to the plug using a multimeter or buzzer.

possible the BCM is stuffed, and reconnecting the battery allows this to clear, But some times you need to remove the BCM fuse as well as i think the BCM has capacitor or battery or something which it uses to save it's settings/memory..

if its not the BCM then it would be the wires leading to those doors or the locks them self.
for a 2009 model though i would not think its the plugs being dirty as this should take a few more years easily to be noticed. But then again never know.

Shane 3.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega sportswagon s2
Today I unplugged harness below the left fuse box, now my central locking is not working with remote, do I need to reset anything, all fuses are good, was working fine until now. Central licking works fine except with remote.

Shane 3.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega sportswagon s2
Today I unplugged harness below the left fuse box, now my central locking is not working with remote, do I need to reset anything, all fuses are good, was working fine until now. Central licking works fine except with remote.
Also adding to this I have no dash lights