Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote level controller help, please :)

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
Ok I've done alot of searching but can't find what I'm after.

My amp doesn't have the little phone plug port to put a remote sub control straight in. Ok sweet run via in line RCA you say? Sure but I have an RCA splitter in my boot and to connect that I have to put the controller in the boot (defeats the purpose) or run 4 RCA cables up the side of my car (to go along with other 4 rca's)

Ok I can't put it in line up near the headunit which would be ideal, because of the splitters, if I did, when I turn the sub control down, the speakers would go down too (as they are powered by a separate 4 channel amp)

I've heard there are these modules, that have RCA in and RCA out, and you can mount in line in your boot next to your amp, but instead of having the control knob on the box, there is a telephone line cable port which you can plug the controller into and only have to run 1 small wire up to wherever I want to mount the control (near console somewhere.

My question is.... Where can I get this thing!! Lol. All the ones I can find are either RCA to RCA with knob on module, or just the module with 1 telephone wire coming out and nothing else (sorry I only know the wire as telephone wire I'm sure there is a real name for it but you know what I mean)

If you could tell me a way around this or show me what I've been told exists that would be great.
Talked to autobarn and supercheap etc, they all say nothing exists but I've seen one in my friends car.

Any help would be great.

If you don't get what I mean post below and I'll clarify.

Cheers heaps.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Doesn't your H/U have a bass level control?

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
yeah it has bass and trebble and what not, but the remote sub level control is only for the sub, so there is no point wiring it through the whole car as it will act the same as the volume switch. its so for certian songs you can turn the bass up or down independent of the other 4 door speakers.

the 2 types you can get are the rca ones:
Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

or the "telephone" ones like this:
Alpine Electronics of Australia

but the one i need combines both together, you know what i mean?

cheers