Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote not detected 2013 vf ssv wagon

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It’s ok lex, no need to stutter :p

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
I removed the CR battery from my remote key fob today & gave the contact terminals in the remote and the battery a little clean, started the car and i didnt get any of the remote not detected message thankfully. I hope its gone away permanently LOL.

Just a thought i had the other day though...is it possible that an interference is causing the message to be displayed?
Having the keys perhaps close to another set of keys with proximity starting is causing the issue?

I don't know what else to think??? I just really hope the issue doesn't become anything worse than a occasional warning message :/

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ I had another Asian brand of car. One time I parked it on a street next to the same model.

Had the owner of the other car walking towards their car at the same time as I walked up to mine. We both seemed to press our remote keys at the same time which resulted in me being unable to unlock my car via the remote! I had to use the key to get into the car but then couldn’t get the car started (alarm went off). Had to exit the car and lock it via remote (luckily it worked) before being able to unlock get in and start the car. Odd indeed and dealer had no idea as they couldn’t replicate the issue.

In all fairness the dealer service staff are not trained to fault find RF keyless protocol issues so it’s something that needs to be fed back to the manufacturer’s supplier. What is the dealers fault is their lack of interest in doing just that, slackers that they are.

Luckily the issue hasn’t occurred again and the probability is it will be a rare for such to happen.

So what is possible in these rather complex RF systems is anyone’s guess. About all you can be sure is they have not made your pride and joy safer as relay stacks allow anyone with a laptop and SDR to get into your car and drive off. But I wouldn’t sweat too much, just keep your insurance paid up ;)

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
We had a car at work, Toyota Camry, and a staff member couldn’t open it one day with the remote. Solved it when I figured out the button for the remote garage door was stuck on and must have been blocking the signal. Soon as I blocked the button, it did it again. Was definitely an interesting one and took some troubleshooting.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
Thanks for the replies.

Yeah im hoping too maybe its just some local interference of sorts and nothing seriously going wrong with my Caprice!

DDH

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF Calais
For months I'd been persevering with the "Remote not detected" message; sometimes needing to insert the key fob in the console slot; and changing key fob batteries. It was intermittent and worsened on cold mornings. Last week I chanced upon this thread and suspecting the Receiver called GWS Holden who offered to diagnose problem for $150. Rang Booran Holden who identified the replacement part as a "P.E.P.S. Receiver" located in rear of vehicle. The part number is GM13502551 costing $128 and Labour cost $49. Problem fixed. I hope these details assist others.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
For months I'd been persevering with the "Remote not detected" message; sometimes needing to insert the key fob in the console slot; and changing key fob batteries. It was intermittent and worsened on cold mornings. Last week I chanced upon this thread and suspecting the Receiver called GWS Holden who offered to diagnose problem for $150. Rang Booran Holden who identified the replacement part as a "P.E.P.S. Receiver" located in rear of vehicle. The part number is GM13502551 costing $128 and Labour cost $49. Problem fixed. I hope these details assist others.
Great the your issue was sorted, not so great you had to pay for it :oops:

I’d have asked that service contact Holden and request warranty coverage as an electronic module shouldn’t fail within 6 years. Simply put, vehicle electronics should be much more robust. A normal person’s expectation would be that they should be able to get into and start their car for decades without issue (not have to replace electronic modules every 6 years).

Luckily, the fact the manufacturers warranty may have expired is irrelevant. Your statutory warranty under Australian Consumer Law, which doesn’t specify a duration or end date, should cover the defect. And since ultimately Holden are on the hook for your repair costs, I’d be wanting a refund from them of the $177 spend to fix the defect ;)