Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote not detected 2013 vf ssv wagon

Surfxdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SSV Wagon
Hi

Yes it was all covered under the insurance. Turns out there is a module in the tailgate of the wagon that was fried. The panelbeaters put it in and then took it around the corner to holden and they made the remotes all work again. And while they were at it applied all the updates to the car. Thanks everyone for the advice, Very grateful.

S

Surfxdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SSV Wagon
And just to add to that it is so important to have a mechanic in your corner who knows what they are on about and who has no hesitation to help when the **** hits the fan. Thanks Steve, very grateful for your words and skill.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Hi

Yes it was all covered under the insurance. Turns out there is a module in the tailgate of the wagon that was fried. The panelbeaters put it in and then took it around the corner to holden and they made the remotes all work again. And while they were at it applied all the updates to the car. Thanks everyone for the advice, Very grateful.

S
That would be the receiver for the key fob.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... Turns out there is a module in the tailgate of the wagon that was fried. The panelbeaters put it in and then took it around the corner to holden and they made the remotes all work again....
S
Interesting that the module was fried... wonder how that occured? Arc welding perhaps?

I’ve heard to said that modern cars with all their electronics are not really suited to having arc welders used on the vehicle as the resultant eddy currents and voltage spikes can fry electronics, and who knows maybe play havoc with airbags o_O Whether such things are true or not, I’m not sure but I’d think the vehicle manufacturer would have some documentation on the subject of arc welding on vehicle bodies.

(Note to forum admin. Again, on my iPad, the stupid floating banner add gets in the way of the text I am typing and often hides the post reply button. While I can understand the desire to generate add income, when it impedes the primary use of the forum... well that’s just stupid... please fix it)

As for one module being fried, my concern would then what state are all the many other modules? Hopefully the dealer did a full system diagnostics and also checked the operation of all systems :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
I had the same problem a few weeks ago but again saw the same message 'Remote Not Detected' on the dash cluster after starting the car and about 30 seconds passed this morning.
Remote key fob is working fine as in unlocking & locking the vehicle and i did change the battery in the remote when it first started displaying that msg a few weeks ago.

My car is not used daily but then again never has since the day i bought it. Starting to get a little worried now in case i park somewhere and then it might refuse to start maybe??

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
For the past month my Ute occasionally wouldn't unlocked when I touch the button on the door handles then last week it failed to unlock almost every time.

Last Thursday it wouldn't start with the 'remote not detected' warning coming up on the instrumentation.

The battery in the remote was replaced and everything is now working fine.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
For the past month my Ute occasionally wouldn't unlocked when I touch the button on the door handles then last week it failed to unlock almost every time.

Last Thursday it wouldn't start with the 'remote not detected' warning coming up on the instrumentation.

The battery in the remote was replaced and everything is now working fine.
Glad to head its all back to working fine for yours with the remote battery change.

Yeah im stumped with mine at the moment though. Mine starts and unlocks/locks but just throws up the msg remote not detected. The battery that I changed in the remote is a Maxwell brand one with an expire date of 2028!

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Have you tried to resync the key fob.
Unlock like normal, put key in ignition, turn to reds (ignition) press the lock button then the unlock button. Turn ignition off. Get out of car, & lock with fob.
Now unlock & start it. Should be ok now?

My fob wouldn't work, so got a new battery & new fob shell (need a new one anyway)(no circuitry in new fob). Spilt the old fob apart & tested battery. Battery was fine. So put circuitry & old battery in new fob & tested. No work (shxt). Did the resync & it worked then. That was January 2018. Its still working ok.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Unlock like normal, put key in ignition, turn to reds (ignition) press the lock button then the unlock button. Turn ignition off. Get out of car, & lock with fob.

My fob wouldn't work, so got a new battery & new fob shell (need a new one anyway)(no circuitry in new fob). Spilt the old fob apart & tested battery. Battery was fine. So put circuitry & old battery in new fob & tested. No work (shxt). Did the resync & it worked then. That was January 2018. Its still working ok.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

What model car are you doing this on? The VF cannot be programmed this way.