Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote start and seat heaters...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I mentioned the seat heaters at each service since new (or at least our first trip away) in 2016 but was told "no code; nothing we can do"

Service before last was told to bring it in when the weather is colder.

Took it in June and was then told they'd been in contact with GMH and "it's a known issue, BCM? reset will fix it"

Road trip in July got to Roma (from Bris) 6 hours away (so about lunchtime). Temp at Roma was probably 25deg. Climate control always on and always both set at 22deg. Pass side seat heater activates.

Next occasion was around Katherine - pass side - same deal pleasant temp outside.

3rd time was drivers side on the way home. I forget where - possibly around Mount Isa - but again not cold outside during day.

Pass side again somewhere closer to home. Same conditions as before.

Always the same deal, a few times each trip but that was the first time the drivers side was activated.

It's hardly a big deal and I can live with it but a bit irritating that something is not right and can't be fixed.

I'll mention it when it goes for its next service.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
I know in the Equinox at least, it'll only turn on under 6 degrees automatically with the remote start.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I know in the Equinox at least, it'll only turn on under 6 degrees automatically with the remote start.

If it was a balmy 6 degrees, I wouldn't use the seat heaters...:p
I was 4 degrees at 5pm, and 3 degrees at the moment. The heaters still don't turn on with remote start...

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
If it was a balmy 6 degrees, I wouldn't use the seat heaters...:p
I was 4 degrees at 5pm, and 3 degrees at the moment. The heaters still don't turn on with remote start...

They need to be turned on when you turn off the car the night before, to have them activate in the morning.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
They need to be turned on when you turn off the car the night before, to have them activate in the morning.

If I've been driving the car at night, the heaters are always on(drivers seat). Only turned off when the car is shut down.

mitweiler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V S1 6L
I read the manual and it said if the temp is below 10c the heated seats will turn on (if setting selected) but the lights will not come on the button. Once you get in and press the start button the rest of the car boots up and the heated seats turn off. You will need to turn them on again yourself.

Also the heated seats aren't that strong and because nobody is sitting on them it'll take a while for them to get hot.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Rubbish. Who told you that? they reset each time the car is turned off anyway and will always be off when you start the car. Remote start is totally independent.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also the heated seats aren't that strong and because nobody is sitting on them it'll take a while for them to get hot.

They don't get as hot as the seats in my son's Astra, they're 'up to temp' within 500 metres of driving, and need to be turned down.

mitweiler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V S1 6L
They don't get as hot as the seats in my son's Astra, they're 'up to temp' within 500 metres of driving, and need to be turned down.

Yeah not very impressive. I have tried few other cars and they all seem to be similar. Nothing compares to our CLA200 and my friends C200 heated seats. On 3 you have to turn them down its way to hot. Haven't been in a Astra yet, sound like they get as hot as the merc's do

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

That is true about the Astra. They seem to work a lot quicker. Different type of heating mat.