Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

remote start not working

phil69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS redline series 1
can any one help.
the battery got disconnected while some mechanical work was carried out and when we got the car back we remote started the car fine in the car park.
but that is the only time it has worked since. tried both keys same thing. sounds like something is happening electrically but no actual start up.
any ideas?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Assuming you can lock and unlock via the fob and start button works when the key is within the vehicle cabin, remote start should work.

There are some conditions that inhibit remote start from working and they are mentioned in the owners manual so maybe you can check out what’s specified. These condition that inhibit remote start are also mentioned in the VF workshop manual so you can look through that doc.

I have posted about the remote start conditions before but can’t remember when and which threading was. May be you could also do a quick forum search by entering “remote start problem” or such. The search box is at the top of the page under your handle. Lots of threads about such.

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Tried a remote start the other night.
Must have used a wrong button combo, as it set the alarm off instead...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
can any one help.
the battery got disconnected while some mechanical work was carried out and when we got the car back we remote started the car fine in the car park.
but that is the only time it has worked since. tried both keys same thing. sounds like something is happening electrically but no actual start up.
any ideas?
take it back to the mechanic if you cant figure it out