Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote start

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
"Remote start" reminds me of when I first got the Calais my son-in-law was admiring the car.

"Watch this" said I (with the remote in my pocket).

"Start Car" said I

Lights blink, pause.... vrrrmmmm

Initial look on sil's face was worth the price of admission :)

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
I think there would be compliancing issues with remote start on a manual.

However, cooled seats would have been a pee in the hand for Holden to have include should they have been bothered.

Cooling seats would have been nice too.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I haven’t checked if my VF2 MSE will actually remote start in neutral but the owners manual states it definitely won’t (along with listing a bunch of other non start conditions).

However, my horn will beep if I try and lock the car while the gearbox is in neutral so the vehicle logic definitely wants me to have it secured in PARK before I walk away. Wonder how the manual MSE fairs in this regard?

Now I’ve never owned a VE but I’m surprised this Holden would allow neutral remote start as it is definitely not a safe think for the manufacturer to support.

Did the VE have remote start? I know the G8 did but my VE didn't. I know there were aftermarket kits available unless the VE series 2 had remote start.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Anthony121, I have no idea about VE remote start. I was responding to @Happydaze who stated his VE auto has the feature and it starts in neutral.

It would be interesting to know if it is indeed a standard feature specificed in the owners manual or some after market addon (which if so isn’t as safe as the standard VF auto setup).

Aftermarket can do lots of things but some of what they do can be legally questionable :rolleyes:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
"Remote start" reminds me of when I first got the Calais my son-in-law was admiring the car.

"Watch this" said I (with the remote in my pocket).

"Start Car" said I

Lights blink, pause.... vrrrmmmm

Initial look on sil's face was worth the price of admission :)
Priceless :)

So what that the last time you used remote start?

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Did the VE have remote start? I know the G8 did but my VE didn't. I know there were aftermarket kits available unless the VE series 2 had remote start.
No, our 2010 VEII SV6 ute didn’t have it...pretty sure it only came on Commodores from VF models??

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
So what that the last time you used remote start?

The car only gets out of the shed once per week or so (unless we're on a trip) but whenever it's out (usually a run to Bunnings) I use the remote start.

I park as far from other vehicles as I can and the remote works for a goodly distance so always nice and cool by the time I get into car.

On a trip to Adelaide we stopped at a servo in Wilcannia. A few young fellas pulled up in a ute and were looking at my car. I was a bit concerned they were going to lean on it while they chatted so I started it from inside the servo.

They were very impressed so got to show them a couple more times when we got outside :)

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
@Anthony121, I have no idea about VE remote start. I was responding to @Happydaze who stated his VE auto has the feature and it starts in neutral.

It would be interesting to know if it is indeed a standard feature specificed in the owners manual or some after market addon (which if so isn’t as safe as the standard VF auto setup).

Aftermarket can do lots of things but some of what they do can be legally questionable :rolleyes:

Aftermarket for the VE from carbon car systems, can start it in either neutral or park, same as you can with key start.
Factory remote start came out on VF autos.