Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removal of side kick panel

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
Hey folks,

I'm planing to repaint the kick panels

after looking at my workshop manual (max ellery) which barely helped me with 3 steps which didn't make much sense

so i need some advice with removing the side kick and side "panels" (the things on the side of the driver and passenger seats which the cables run thought the car. they sit under the doors)
not sure what their called

if there's a thread on this already, can you post the link

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Looking at this picture...

If you mean the panel with the switches, if VS is similar to VP then open the fuse section and there is one screw in there, and 2 other screws where the door closes.

OR is you mean the part behind where my neon is, then there should be 3 screws just behind the fuse box (looking at the pic, my neons are sitting on those 3 screws) and there is on at the back holding it to the firewall/carpet, same for the passenger side

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
Looking at this picture...

If you mean the panel with the switches, if VS is similar to VP then open the fuse section and there is one screw in there, and 2 other screws where the door closes.

OR is you mean the part behind where my neon is, then there should be 3 screws just behind the fuse box (looking at the pic, my neons are sitting on those 3 screws) and there is on at the back holding it to the firewall/carpet, same for the passenger side

i meant the panel right of the accelerator pedal

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
pull it....
grab it on the bottom, tilting the bottom towards you and they come out easy

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
i meant the panel right of the accelerator pedal

there may be one screw in the right back corner, or at the top where it meets with the black panel above pedals, once they are off, then yeah it just pulls off

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
here's a pic which should help clear things up abit

i want to remove (1 side kick) and (2 lower side panel, but i'm guessing i'll have to remove the whole lower panel 2+3)

well, i hope that cleared things up

removal.jpg

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
you know the speakers are meant to go behind the plastic grill on the door pod right?

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Ok...
1) I explained before, there should/might be 1 or 2 screws at the top of that panel.
2 & 3) That is one piece, that rubber bit running down the middle pulls out, then you looking into where the rubber bit was you will see clips, get a flat screw driver and put it under the plastic (from inside the car, facing outside) the push the clip in (I would reccomend just pulling the plastic up with force as you can break those clips)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
If you are tough you can squeeze the scuff plate and the clip comes out of the sill, that's how I do it and I have done that alot :0 to get at ecus