Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removal of the PCV Valve connector on a VE V6 2008 LEO Engine

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I got the valve off. Surprisly it blocked only about 70% and can still blow through it. yes I had the smaller holes

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pull the little tab back then up push down on the pcv hose then lift off. View attachment 204497
Finally all done and thank you for the Member DAJOKER for the Video, Mattricho for the pic otherwise it would be impossible to work out how to remove the Elbow and other. I had too spray the PCV Valve with WD 40 and it was tight in the rocker cover to get out. Also for ease to remove the PCV itself I removed the last coil pack firing lead as it was in the way + strapped back that annoying heater hose and when I done this I gave me room to work. Whilst I was there I notice both of heater hoses had rub marks and to protected them I used some thick duck tape that I run around.
Now Google will get this and other member or new member will able to search how to remove that damm PCV Valve

Last edited:

Joshedney

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Finally all done and thank you for the Member DAJOKER for the Video, Mattricho for the pic otherwise it would be impossible to work out how to remove the Elbow and other. I had too spray the PCV Valve with WD 40 and it was tight in the rocker cover to get out. Also for ease to remove the PCV itself I removed the last coil pack firing lead as it was in the way + strapped back that annoying heater hose and when I done this I gave me room to work. Whilst I was there I notice both of heater hoses had rub marks and to protected them I used some thick duck tape that I run around.
Now Google will get this and other member or new member will able to search how to remove that damm PCV Valve
Hi, where did you buy replacement pcv valves for both sides?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There’s only one. It’s on the drivers side. No need to replace it. Just clean it and drill it out. Then clean it again to get the swath out.
Push back in.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi, where did you buy replacement pcv valves for both sides?
Yes clean it and if not drilled out drill it first with the correct sizes (could be wrong CHECK for correct sizes to drill but I think is 5/32 the other hole is 7/32. After drilling or already drill CLEAN IT, I used a Compressed air and petrol to clean.

Anzacpaul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I managed to snap my hose fitting as it was brittle when pulling it off.

Fortunately a local ex-Holden dealer is selling spares on eBay, so managed to pick up a replacement for $22.

My valve was still clear, but had the small holes so I still drilled and cleaned.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
No shortage of people that are dubious about the Alloytec PCV system.
I think Holden specify a pipe cleaner to be used to clean it. (please correct me if I'm wrong on that)
What if we put an AN fitting and hose leading to a VP or VN PCV and then through a catch can system?

Yes, the Valve covers would have to come off, but surely this is worth while and then you could have a replaceable/cleanable PCV and more effective ventilation.

When I removed my chains, I seen the Cam Covers were full of _____,
I cleaned them the best I could, as the PO was a bit lax on servicing.
Did the mod, replaced the Complete PCV hose unit,
the rest is history.

bailzski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
I am very new to cars and can’t manage to remove the coil pack firing lead as it feels impossible to get to the pcv properly with it in the way

bailzski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
I am very new to cars and can’t manage to remove the coil pack firing lead as it feels impossible to get to the pcv properly with it in the way
Managed to get it disconnected and the PCV out, was not a pretty job though :)

Reactions: Lex