Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removal of the PCV Valve connector on a VE V6 2008 LEO Engine

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Does anyone know the Correct procedure of Removal of the PCV Valve on a VE V6 2008 LEO Engine. Yes I want to inspect it and possible drill it out but I want to get the connector out without breaking it.
No doubt Holden has a trick on removing the plastic or whatever it made off the PCV itself without breaking it.
thanks

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
That video does not show the REMOVAL only how to drill it and put the PCV back in. I tried to find a video on how to remove the 90 deg fitting/ hose off the PCV valve itself but I have failed so far

DAJOKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II Wagon
It does show how to remove the valve, at the end, it’s quite literally pulled out with some multi grips.

And as for the plastic hose clip. It’s spring loaded, so just move the tab that’s spring loaded, and it will come off.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
It does show how to remove the valve, at the end, it’s quite literally pulled out with some multi grips.

And as for the plastic hose clip. It’s spring loaded, so just move the tab that’s spring loaded, and it will come off.
"O" sugar. When I saw him drilling it out in the first bit of the Video I did no know he had another one there because when he drill it out then he remove the original and replaced it. well that what my head is telling me.
Thanks, will check the PCV/drill the PCV valve next week

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
No shortage of people that are dubious about the Alloytec PCV system.
I think Holden specify a pipe cleaner to be used to clean it. (please correct me if I'm wrong on that)
What if we put an AN fitting and hose leading to a VP or VN PCV and then through a catch can system?

Yes, the Valve covers would have to come off, but surely this is worth while and then you could have a replaceable/cleanable PCV and more effective ventilation.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I tried to remove the PCV valve from the rocker cover and I FAILED. I can move it left and right a little and restricted by the hose, I can get the PCV valve to go up and down about 2 MM and It hit a stop but can't get it off.
I can see a bit of cut plastic that you flex inwards or outwards so I got a small, long Screw and made the plastic to come outwards and lifted at the same time but it did not budge. Again I don't want to break it. They has to be a Trick in it.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Pull the little tab back then up push down on the pcv hose then lift off.
9A383B6A-D2EA-448A-A60D-37D77893B212.jpeg

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I finally got the elbow off. now I have get the PCV valve off as it seems to be stuck. Sprayed WD 40 on it so let it wait for a minute or two