Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removal of VE calais Glovebox

jamierawr88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 Ve 2007 & Calais VE 2007
can someone tell me how to remove the VE calais glovebox?
i managed to find the 3 screws under the plastic garnish up the top but when i was reading another post, it said there was another two screws underneath the glove box but i cant find those screws, is there ment to be some other screws to undo to take it out?

boneart

Reaction score
Website
www.boneart.co.nz
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Redline
Glove box removal

On my VE SS there were screws under the trim strip just above the lid.

There is also a screw under each of two small tab covers one near the boot release button and one on the opposite side under its own small cover. You need to open the glove box to get at those.

There is also one on the door side so you have to pop off the small door side cover to get at that one

There are a few more along the bottom edge of the glovebox.

The glovebox sits on short plastic locator pins along the top edge so once all the screws are out you need to pull it horizontally towards you. When putting it back the same applies, you need to slide it onto the pins and put a couple of screws in at the top then a couple at the bottom to line it all up before doing all the others and tightening everything down.

Sounds complicated but once you find all the screws its is a pretty easy job.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute SS
hi, I made a quick video on where the seven screws that hold the glove box in are.
hope this helps people

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Hi
Do you have to disconnect the wiring for the courtesy lamp inside the glovebox also?

Grande316

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega Ute
Should be a connector plug behind the glovebox in the passenger foot well area (was on my Omega anyway)