Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removal of vs headlight assembly

Skrewdriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
just bought a vs commodore (no workshop manual!),but to get a RWC,i've gotta fix the park lamps (pass. side).
Sussed it out and theres no bulb/light/wedge holder and the wires (green &black?) have been cut back so that you can see them,but cant qiute grab them.
Have been trying to take headlight assembly out but must have missed something.Is there a trick or do i have take the whole front off?
Rear one is out as well,bulbs fine,but if the front is reconnected,would that complete a circuit and enable the rear to work?
i know theres gotta be an easy way to do it,any thoughts?

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
just bought a vs commodore (no workshop manual!),but to get a RWC,i've gotta fix the park lamps (pass. side).
Sussed it out and theres no bulb/light/wedge holder and the wires (green &black?) have been cut back so that you can see them,but cant qiute grab them.
Have been trying to take headlight assembly out but must have missed something.Is there a trick or do i have take the whole front off?
Rear one is out as well,bulbs fine,but if the front is reconnected,would that complete a circuit and enable the rear to work?
i know theres gotta be an easy way to do it,any thoughts?

Front bar has to come off, there are two bolts below your headlight that need to come out...
Your rear is not related to your front, so check that one out..

Skrewdriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
thanks for the reply mate,i'll have a crack at it when ive got some time

White Tiger

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VY Berlina, RB30 GQ Patrol
here this may help i found it in a thread somewhere around here when i had to remove my headlight cause it was stuffed
111528d1298435221-removal-vs-headlight-assembly-bumper-removal.jpg

Attachments

• bumper removal.jpg
    bumper removal.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 5,354

Skrewdriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thanks for piccie White Tiger,thats exactly what i'm after.It'll save a lot of frustration!! good on ya

Skrewdriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
it worked a treat,now for a rwc then rego,should be no worries now