Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remove Accelerator Pedal

James VY

I like Nirvana too.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Hi all, I have searched the forum top and bottom and in the process found about 2 million threads telling me what to remove and when to remove it, they have been kind of helpful.

But my question is, what the hell do I remove it with? I have tried every socket combination I own and none of them fit in the gap well enough to get some leverage on the nuts. If somebody who has successfully removed theirs could share some knowledge that would be great.

Thanks,

James

PS sorry for doing another thread about accelerator pedals but I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Don't know if it's the same on the VY but on my Monaro I just got a screwdriver and levered it off the pin (stretched it a little which was ok as it went back into shape no worries). Did the reverse putting the new pedal on, be sure to get the spring right as that could be annoying if you have to remove and refit again.

James VY

I like Nirvana too.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
You managed to get the old pedal off and the new pedal on without removing the whole assembly from the car? That gives me hope! Thanks.

How did you manoeuvre your body so that you could actually see what you were doing?

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
You managed to get the old pedal off and the new pedal on without removing the whole assembly from the car? That gives me hope! Thanks.

How did you manoeuvre your body so that you could actually see what you were doing?

Have heard of a few people doing that, it is 'easier' to remove the whole assembly apprently tho.. Haha Dont know.. still rocking the black rubberized ones..

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Sit on the floor outside of your car, and reach in.

You don't need to remove the whole assembly to remove the pedal, it's just a simple spring behind the pedal, just gets frustrating as you can't see it. You gotta feel it to know it lol if that makes sense.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
you could look from behind if you've got a small mirror, if not usually a women's make up draw has heaps.....

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
Yeah, put a little mirror so you can see behind, otherwise it is all guess work haha.

Just grab one out a chicks makeup draw like mentioned earlier :p

Kinng