Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remove CD from disconnected CD stacker (VX).

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Hi guys,

Have removed the stocko HU from my Monaro to accomodate an Alpine HU however I accidentally left my favourite CD of all time in the stacker unit in the boot (yes I have MP3's of it so I don't really need the disc but that's not the point!).

Does anyone know how to get the disc out without actually ripping the Alpine out and re-inserting the stocko?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
power it up on the bench and press eject :) follow the same wiring chart u used 2 install ur alpine unit, hook it up 2 a 12V source (car battery always works) and ur good 2 go.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
I should clarify this is the stacker which is still in the boot of the car, I don't really want/need to remove it from the car so it's just going to sit there. I was hoping that there might be a way to remove the disc without powering it up kind of like what you do with a computer CD-ROM with a pin.

I did not follow any wiring chart for the Alpine HU, I used those adapters you can buy that convert Holden > Generic and then Generic > Alpine.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Ahhh i havent see these do they have an eject button on the unit themselves aswell? if so do the same they will also have a + and - on the unit 2 do the same thing.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
it has a slide open and then an electric eject button to pull the cartridge out.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
assuming the disc is in the catridge and not the actual laser mechanism, most stackers you can get a steel ruler and push it above or under the cartridge right to the back to pop it out. if the cd IS in the mechanism, its either power it up, or pull it apart.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
sounds like a bit of a fiddle about, thought there might be some sort of cheat to get it to come out might just have to plug the OEM stereo back in to eject it (not really hard, I'm just being lazy - lol).

Thanks for the input guys - if anyone does know of a workaround feel free to post it, I won't be doing this for a couple of weeks.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I know, tread dig but I was wondering how you went with that. I also made the mistake of not ejecting the cartridge before installing the new head unit.