Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remove rear seat + parcel shelf speaker grills on VE?

stoogeman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Hi all,

I was doing a speaker swap over on the doors and wanted to check out the speakers on the parcel shelf (the 2 subs), however I could not figure out how to remove the grills. So before I snapped something, I thought I should ask.

Anyone know how to remove them to get access to the speakers?

Also, how does one go about taking off the rear seat? I found a latch about 30cm from the side, but no matter how hard I yanked up, the seat would not unclip.

Thanks!

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
G'day mate, not sure about getting behind the grills but to remove the back seat put the drivers and passenger seat all the way forward. Hop in the back on the floor facing the back. Put your knee into the front of the back seat and put a fair bit of pressure on it pushing towards the back of the car. Then just give a firm jerk with your hands and knee upwards and you should feel it unclip. Do the same with the other side and thats it the bottom of the seat is off. Then there's just a bolt or two to take the back rests off.

Wayne372

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve holden Calais
How do youu remove rear parcel shelf speaker grills on VE?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Remove the the rear seats.
Remove the C-Pillar trims.

Remove the parcel shelf
Unscrew the speaker grills from underneath.

1632605405961.jpeg