Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remove & Replace VE Omega Bootlid - Process?

eetmesoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SEDAN...AND A VE TOO!
am just wondering if I can get advice/hints on a VE boot lid swap? I own an Omega which had boot damage when I bought it...picked up an SSV SiDi boot with a winged spoiler on it for a decent price [looks like the same silver as my car; but won't know till it is actually fitted...cannot check Paint code on replacement item]...and am asking how difficult the actual task to swap the boot lids over [getting too old for this sh!t...] plenty of past body/mechanical experience...but hoping someone who has done the swap can assure me that it is indeed a [fairly] simple job to do single handed...and recommendations for process?

Looks to me like I need to unplug the electrical connector, remove both hydraulic arms [lower fixing?] then undo both bolts either side and remove the boot lid...fitting is the reverse process??

Hope it is as simple as it seems...advice/recommendations please!

Last edited:

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
That sounds pretty right to me, should be that straight forward.

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
Yup, it is really that simple. Don't even think from memory the boot struts need to be removed as they are connected to the hinge?